In The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, there is a special collectible item called Gratitude Crystals. When you meet Batreaux, you will be able to find them and exchange them for valuables. Most people you help will express their gratitude by producing five gratitude crystals at a time.
There are a total of 80 gratitude crystals, so keep an eye out for all the people with chat bubbles who look like they need help. Or you can refer to the locations of all the crystals listed below. For more Zelda: Skyward Sword HD guides, be sure to check out our guide. Otherwise read our Skyward Sword HD review.
Gratitude Crystal Side-Quest Walkthroughs
You get most of the game’s Gratitude Crystals by completing bite-sized missions given to you by the various NPCs in the world. Below is a list of guides that describe all the ways you can earn gratitude crystals.
Individual gratitude crystal sites
As mentioned, you usually get five Gratitude Crystal s from completing quests and helping people. However, there are 15 individual gratitude crystals that you can get organically at Skyloft.
- If you spend the night in Beedle’s shop, you can get the Crystal of Gratitude from the roof of the airshop when you wake up on his private island.
- The exit from the waterfall cave in Skyloft, near where you found Loftwing.
- Your loftwing waterfall cave was held captive by Groose.
- Right behind the foot of the lighthouse on the Plaza.
- The wooden path on a lower ledge north of the bazaar.
- Use your beetle to pick one up from the rafters in the sparring hall.
- Inside the home of Orielle and Parrow on the corner of the room.
- It is a crystal of gratitude on the floating island above the lake. Secure it with Quick Beetle to cover the required distance. Though, you can make it easier for yourself by waiting for Clawshot to come up to the floating island.
- On the second floor of the Knight Academy, inside a potted plant.
- Inside the branches of a tree, closest to the pumpkin plastic.
- Connecting rooms at the Knight Academy on his desk.
- There’s another waiting for you in Zelda’s room. You must have a clawshot to get in from the outside through the chimney.
- If you are south of Knight Academy and looking west, you will see some vines leading down. Jump down this path to find a crystal of gratitude.
- The warehouse, at the back of Lumpy Pumpkin.
- Second floor in Lumpy Pumpkin.
Gratitude Crystal Rewards
Below are all the rewards you get for switching Gratitude Crystals to Batreaux.
|Prize||Crystals are required|
|Gold Rupee (300 Rupees)||40|
|Gold Rupee x2 (600 Rupees)||70|
GameSpot can get a commission from retail offers.