Apple has released iOS 15 beta 3 and iPadOS 15 beta 3 to developers today, providing further enhancements and enhancements to iPhone and iPad users. Read on as we round out everything new we’ve found so far, including changes to Safari, the music modules and more.
iOS 15 beta 3 has the building number 19A5297e. Developers can update from beta 2 via the Settings app. Just open the Settings app, select General, and then select Software Update. If you do not see iOS 15 beta 3 immediately, keep checking as the update still rolls out.
iOS 15 is also available to public beta users, but no new beta has been released to these users this week. It is possible that the next public iOS version of iOS 1
If you see any changes in iOS 15 beta 3, or the other new beta from Apple today, please let us know in the comments below or on Twitter @ 9to5Mac. Read on as we round out everything we’ve found so far.
What’s new in iOS 15 beta 3?
- There’s a new splash screen when you open the App Store for the first time, highlighting in-app events, Safari extensions for iOS and the new App Store widget.
- Apple has made some changes to the controversial redesign of the iPhone on iPhone with design changes in the navigation bar.
- Another tweak in Safari: You can now tap and hold the address bar to find a “Load” option
- There are new icons in the Focus menu in the Settings app that are color-matched to your chosen Focus, such as being purple for Do Not Disturb. The “Add Schedule or Automation” button has also been enlarged.
- Also in the Focus menu there is a new screen that explains “Focus status”
- New actions for background sounds in shortcuts
- The Home screen modules of Music are redesigned when something is played or paused. They also change color to match the album now.
- The “Text from camera” option in the text editing menu is now an icon, compared to previous betas where there was a text button that just said “Text from camera
- New option “Transfer or reset iPhone” in the Settings app
- New “+” button in Find My App to share location, add an AirTag or add another Find MY item.
FTC: We use revenue-generating auto affiliate links. More.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: