Fitbit has released a new version of the operating system. Fitbit OS 3.0 is compatible with Versa and Ionic smartwatches. It includes an extended dashboard on your device, allowing you to add and view more statistics on your device.
Here we tell you what you get from Fitbit's latest OS (firmware version: 126.96.36.199), and most importantly how to get it and install the OS 3.0 update for Fitbit.
What's in Fitbit OS 3.0
Fitbit OS 3.0 shows you more health and exercise statistics – such as sleep, water intake, heart rate, hourly activity, and weight – right there At your wrist on the Fitbit's Today screen, release you from the mobile app.
New goal-based exercise modes mean you have set calories for burned, distance covered, and time for more than 1
There will be ten new Fitbit apps including disease forecasts Achu Health, plus Sofa for 5K, Genius Wrist (workouts including Gym Genius, Gym Time Pro, Workout Builder and Workout Genius), and custom swimming app MySwimPro.
Coming in "early 2019" are the following apps: FitBark, Golds Amp, Mindbody, Noonlight and TRX.
Ionic and Versa users can now swipe up from the clockwork to access Fitbit Today, which tracks up to seven of these statistics:
Core Statistics : Today's Steps, Calories Burned, Distance Covered , climbing on the floor, active minutes and target history in the last 7 days
Hour steps : steps taken this hour and the number of hours you met with your schedule
Heart rate : Current heart rate and either your heart rate zone or resting heart rate (if not in a zone), time spent in each heart rate zone and your cardio training score
Training : the number of days you met your training goal this week and up to 5 of the last track exercises your
Cycle path : Information about the current stage of the menstrual cycle, if applicable
Sleep : Time spent in each sleep step and your sleep history in the last 7 days
Water : water intake logged today and history over the last 7 days  Food : Calories eaten, residual calories and percentage macronutrial breakdown
Weight : remaining weight left to lose or win to reach your goal, your current weight and your progress since you last set weight
Tags : The next daily and lifetime signs you want to unlock 
How to download and install Fitbit OS 3.0
However, installing the Fitbit OS 3.0 firmware update is not that easy (this is software for Fitbit instead of the mobile app).
How to get it on your wrist.
1. First, Fitbit recommends that you check that your mobile Fitbit app (on the phone) is up to date, with at least version 2.84 before downloading the latest firmware.
2. Make sure your Fitbit device is charged, as it will not install on a false tracker, and it can actually be hung on the Fitbit logo if you try to connect it to the charger for a while.
3. Now go to the mobile app and sync to make sure you don't lose your last activity!
4. Then click on the Account icon at the top right (it has a small circle and lines on it).
5. Now tap on the device you want to update – probably your Versa or Ionic.
6. Under the Clock Discovery, Apps, Media, Wallet, How To Use, and Accessories icons, you should see a pink update button (see photo above). You will only see this update option to update your device if an update is available. You may have already been updated – look at the top of this screen and you'll see the version you're on. The Fitbit OS 3.0 firmware version is 188.8.131.52.
7. Then follow the on-screen instructions and keep the device near your phone or computer during the update. Updates may take up to one hour to complete
If stuck, try to force a Wi-Fi connection again by typing Wi-Fi information again.