Credit: David Imel / Android Authority
There is a lot to look forward to in the new year, and that includes smartphones. But which ones are likely to get the most life? We asked you about your most anticipated phones from 2021, and the results were immediately what you expect, as well as a little surprising – especially at the high end.
Which flagship phones are you most looking forward to in 2021?
Which budget phones are you most looking forward to in 2021?
It will not surprise you to hear that Samsung’s Galaxy S21 is your most anticipated flagship phone in 2021, with 17.7% of the votes among top-level devices. However, only the management claimed. Google’s Pixel 6 (16.7%) and Sony’s Xperia 1 III (16.3%) were hot on the S21 heels, and OnePlus 9 (13.2%) was not far behind. You’re not particularly picky about your premium hardware.
Related: The best Android camera phones
The results for budget phones were decidedly more skewed. It will probably not shock you to hear that Google’s Pixel 5a is by far the most anticipated budget phone in 2021, with a hefty 40.7% of the vote. The poll was not even close – Samsung’s Galaxy A52 received only 26% of the vote, while a sequel to OnePlus Nord only earned 16.4% of your hype.
The front runners were at least somewhat predictable. Samsung often sets the standard for advanced phones at the beginning of the year, and the Pixel 4’s strong display almost certainly helped its successor’s chances. It’s the rest that were wildcards. Many vendors outside of Samsung and Google have a harder time capturing enthusiasts, and it’s no significant feat for Sony to reach the top tier despite its much smaller presence in the mobile world.
- Eszklar: Galaxy Fold 3 and Microsoft Duo 2 (if MS decides to do so [a] 2nd generation)
- EspHack: … Duo 2? LG is scrollable? Mate X 2? It shocks me how apparently everyone just wants to see more of the same thing
- MM_Rafez: Wanted to vote on Note 21 Ultra desperately, but no alternative. Mate 50 is there, but no Note 21 Ultra, NOT FAIR.
- Tony Talks: Only very interested in Pixels if they bother to upgrade the hardware significantly. Otherwise happy with iOS at the moment.
- D9: I voted for the Samsung Galaxy S21 series, but I also have a strong interest in the Pixel 6 if Google does not do anything in hell again this year, as with the Pixel 5.
- DBS: None of them. The phone I’m most looking forward to is no matter which Android flagship copies the size of the iPhone 12 Mini. Because it’s the only one I would consider buying.
That’s all for these results. Thanks for your vote! Do you have another choice for the most anticipated phone in 2021? Was it a phone we missed? Let us know in the comments.