Valorant patch 2.07 has reportedly been leaked early. Astra is set to receive a nice quality of life buff, while Raze and Viper get some adjustments made in their suits. A number of bug fixes have also been sent.
After the last major update in 2.06, Riot tones it back for Valorant patch 2.07. Yoru and Viper have gotten back on their feet, and now the devs focus is on the new release Astra, as well as the upcoming Episode 2: Act 3.
Details of the upcoming Valorant update 2.07, which has not actually been released until April 13, have been leaked early online thanks to computer floats ‘Floxayyy’.
Here’s what we know so far.
2.07 Patch Notes, link to image; https: //t.co/SMGwrhQsyg
̵1; floxay (@floxayyy) April 8, 2021
What’s in Valorant patch 2.07?
Astra buff runs Gravity Well
The biggest change coming in Valorant patch 2.07 is a nice addition to Astra’s Gravity Well. You can now use it to pull players out of the lead to stop defuse. Although this seems like a logical mechanic, it did not work that way on her release.
“We think this update could create some interesting interactions after the facility where enemies try to trick the gravity well and play around the cooling,” Riot said.
Raze & Viper get pure quality of life changes
Raze and Viper are also on Rio’s change list for Valorant patch 2.07.
Raze gets a beep to her explosion packages “like Jett’s Tailwind”, so it’s easier to track her movement. Her VFXs are also updated, so they are less cluttered and easier to see through.
The Viper mains will also be happy to hear that a fault with the Decay mechanic has been resolved, which did not do full damage to enemies even though their armor was depleted.
On top of these two changes, a Yoru bug that allowed him to plant the spike off-site using a Dimensional Shift-Gatecrash combination has also been removed. Cypher, Killjoy and Skye have also had some bugs crushed.
You can find the full Valorant patch 2.07 notes below, with permission to floxayyy. If things change from now until the launch day on April 13, we will let you know.
Leaked Valorant patch 2.07 notes
- Now pull agents who defuse Spike
- If they are pulled out of the waste area, the waste will be interrupted
- Audio signals added to indicate when she gets a boost in the air from Blast Pack
- Explosion and Showstopper launch of VFX have been updated so that they become less obscure and clear the game area faster
- Fixed a bug when calculating whether injuries taken while they were due should be fatal to armored players.
- In particular, this caused marshal shots when the target fell to 50 to reduce the enemy to 1 HP instead of killing them.
Quality of life
- Improved sense of ping wheel selection tools; this should now feel more predictable to use
- Cypher Tripwires are now displayed to observers with associated layer color
- Yoru can no longer plant the Tip after using Gatecrash while Dimensional Shift is active
- Fixed an unintentional dome in the sky that Astra saw if she came out of Astral form while Omen is ulting
- Fixed a bug where placing Killjoy’s tower next to Sage’s Barrier Orb would sometimes ruin it
- Cypher can no longer place Spycam in Cyber Cage projectiles
- Resolved issue where Killjoy’s disabled Alarmbots would chase far away from targets that ran by them when it was reactivated.
- Fixed issue where Skye’s Guiding Light appeared to go underground when dropped directly.
- Resolved various location issues with the server selector and campaign screen
- Fixed a bug that caused the Match History filter to malfunction
- Fixed a bug where players had to restart the client to get rid of their competitive purchase restriction after the restriction was completed
- Fixed a bug where some players were not penalized for being AFK after a match ended during rematch
- Fixed a bug where players using a Russian keyboard had trouble tapping to speak
- Fixed a bug where players who switched to Thai keyboard had their voice chat settings reset
- Fixed an issue where viewers and observers could sometimes see incorrect aiming vectors for inserted sniper rifles when switching between views.