Nothing in Valheim is as important as efficient organized storage, and it gets a little easier due to the latest update. On Tuesday, developer Iron Gate Studio released a new update for the game that increases storage space for certain chests and nerves campfires, along with dozens of other changes.
The most practical change in the new update increases the stock size of reinforced chests. ValheimThe largest and most expensive chests used to give players 18 slot machines, but now offer 24, adding an extra storage space.
This may not sound like a big change if you have just started your Viking adventure, but the amount of items you need to store can become quite ridiculous as you get further into the game, making these more effective chests a massive convenience.
Another change that came with this latest update is a nervousness about campfires, bonfires and fireplaces. But they were not nerfed as comfortable things, they were nerfed as arms. Now, whenever one of these fire elements damages, it also takes damage. This means that if players use their fires offensively, these fires will now be destroyed instead of burning the target indefinitely. This means that the popular way of breeding gray dwarfs, by surrounding the nest with fires to kill them as soon as they spawn, will no longer be possible.
For a look at all the changes that came with the latest Valheim note, you can check the entire note notes.
- Bonfires, bonfires and fireplaces take damage when you handle damage
- Reinforced storage space on the chest increased to 6
- All droplets can now float on water
- Galvanized crypt entrance adjusted (to prevent tombstones from getting stuck)
- Fixed rotation of three tower shields on object stand
- Drops rate for Deathsquito & Drake trophy increased
- 1 & 2 star creature from HP
- Night-spawning wolves should be easier to tame now (should stop trying to run off and brush after starting to tame)
- Harpoon no longer works with bosses
- Ingame console is disabled by default (add start argument “-console” to enable)
- The console command for activating developer / troubleshooting commands has been changed to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning has been added.
- Improved the enemy’s projectile response system
- Fight ax tweaks (hit multiple enemies more easily)
- The player’s recoil force is affected by speed modifiers for equipment (IE heavy equipment will reduce the recoil from enemies)
- Blackforest stone tower adjusts
- Solutions for ward systems (You can no longer place a new ward where a hostile ward overlaps)
- Comfort calculation solved
- The error message “Could not connect” has been fixed
- Hose trophy stack fix
- If Mother spawning location in some worlds is missing (NOTE: For existing worlds, the “genloc” command must be run manually in a local game with dev commands enabled to generate new locations, this is only necessary if your specific world has this problem, not very usual)
- Megingjord object-collider fix
- Added a small usage delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator
- Hammer remove auto repeat added
- Better network bandwidth management (should work better on low bandwidth connections and also use higher data rates if possible)
- Corrections to Dolmen location (Stop the topstone from falling for no reason)
- Solved to remove the item from the item rack and not always synchronize the item statistics
- The server list update button can be pressed before the entire list is downloaded
- Better poor detection of connection
- Fixed an issue that caused the server to send more data the longer a client was connected
- Location updates