The latest update to the success of the Norwegian multiplayer RPG Valheim is out now, and update 0.148.6 makes a number of changes, one of which affects a loophole that players discovered for cheese materials. As Eurogamer reminds us, players could harvest materials from the gray animals by setting fire to the area where they spawn.
But the new patch changes the campfire, campfire and fireplace so that they take damage while they damage. What this means is that you now have to manually repair fires to revive them instead of letting them run indefinitely.
Eurogamer checked out the game for the note and found that “After standing in my campfire for a few seconds, I noticed that half my health had dropped. Hearts do a little better, but only last a few minutes. So it is safe to say the toaster method is now far less convenient than it once was, and you can not just let it go while doing some chores. “
The rest of the patch notes outline a number of bug fixes and welcome improvements and changes, including making it easier to tame wolves that spawn at night. In addition, you can no longer use the harpoon on bosses, while the battle ax has seen a change that makes it easier to hit multiple items. The drop speed for the Drake and Deathsquito trophies has now been increased, while all boss drops can now float on water.
You can see the full patch notes below, posted by developer Iron Gate on Steam. It is also worth mentioning that you will also need to update your server to see the changes.
Valheim is a huge success, with the latest figures showing an incredible 6 million in sales for the game made by a team of five people.
Valheim March 23 Patch Notes
- Bonfires, bonfires and fireplaces take damage when you handle damage
- Reinforced storage space on the chest increased to 6
- All droplets can now float on water
- Galvanized crypt entrance adjusted (to prevent tombstones from getting stuck)
- Fixed rotation of three tower shields on object stand
- Drops rate for Deathsquito & Drake trophy increased
- 1 & 2 star creature from HP
- Night-spawning wolves should be easier to tame now (should stop trying to run off and brush after starting to tame)
- Harpoon no longer works with bosses
- Game console is disabled by default (add start argument “console” to enable)
- The console command for activating developer / troubleshooting commands has been changed to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning has been added.
- Improved the enemy’s projectile response system
- Fight ax tweaks (hit multiple enemies more easily)
- The player’s recoil force is affected by speed modifiers for equipment (IE heavy equipment will reduce the recoil from enemies)
- Blackforest stone tower adjusts
- Solutions for ward systems (You can no longer place a new ward where a hostile ward overlaps)
- Comfort calculation solved
- “Could not connect” error message resolved
- Hose trophy stack fix
- Missing Spawn location in some worlds is fixed (NOTE: For existing worlds, the “genloc” command must be run manually in a local game with dev commands enabled to generate new locations, this is only necessary if your specific world has this problem, this is not very common)
- Megingjord object-collider fix
- Added a small usage delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator
- Hammer remove auto repeat added
- Better network bandwidth management (should work better on low bandwidth connections and also use higher data rates if possible)
- Corrections to Dolmen location (Stop the topstone from falling for no reason)
- Solved to remove the item from the item rack and not always synchronize the item statistics
- The server list update button can be pressed before the entire list is downloaded
- Better poor detection of connection
- Fixed an issue that caused the server to send more data the longer a client was connected
- Location updates
GameSpot can get commissions from retail offers.