Last month, we shared some new screenshots from Tomb Raider 2 Fan Remake, Tomb Raider The Dagger Of Xian. And today we are pleased to report that a brand new version of it is available for download.
According to Nicobass, version 1.2 adds a new rendering of water simulation, as well as new volumetric lighting. Furthermore, the game now uses Unreal Engine 4.21, and has a photo mode.
It is also worth noting that this new version of this Tomb Raider remake in Unreal Engine 4 comes with a number of performance improvements. It also allows for more foliage, adds new dead body models, provides small improvements to Lara’s animations and more.
You can download Tomb Raider 2 Fan Remake V1.2 from here. Below you can also find the complete change log.
Tomb Raider 2 Fan Remake Version 1.2 Release Notes
- Switch from 4.15 to 4.21 Unreal Engine version
- Photo mode added to the pause menu, snapshots saved on C: Users YourName AppData Local TombRaiderDOX Saved Screenshots WindowsNoEditor
- New rendering of water simulation (can be turned off in graphics options)
- New volumetric lighting (can be turned off in graphics options), it should also make any interior place a little brighter
- Climbing ledges should be more visible with some white decals (can be adjusted or turned off in game options)
- New alternate outfit added to the rewards menu (to play with it, just select it in the outfit menu before starting a new game)
- More character models added to the rewards menu
- New fishing models that respond to the player’s movements
- New dead body models
- Small improvements about Lara’s animations, especially when she starts and stops running
- Adjustments to Lara’s body shape for something a little more realistic
- More foliage interaction especially for the cave area and under water
- Better crow animation in the first film
- Rework of the sound system
- Improvements to the underwater particles
- Kick and interaction are now on the same input, because the previous kick input will be used for another thing in the future, as in Tomb Raider Underworld (reset the binding configuration to the default state to see the correct input name)
- Tiger will move backwards if Lara is stuck between him and an obstacle
- Performance improvements
- Many small bug fixes