For people who are new to the iPad or who upgrade from an older model, we've collected a list of some of the best iPad-related tips and tricks worth checking out if you want to make the most of it your tablet. While some of these tips are specific to iPad Pro, many are relevant to customers who own other iPad models as well.
- Keyboard Flicking – from iOS 11, Apple has offered a special keyboard feature on iPad designed to let you use a flickering to quickly write letters and numbers without having to lift your fingers from the keys.
- Text Selection ̵
- Cursor Adjustment – To change the position of the cursor, hold two fingers on the display on iPad and move them to adjust where the cursor is located, useful for making quick changes to a document. You can achieve the same effect by holding down a finger at the spacebar.
- External Keyboard Shortcuts – When using an external keyboard with iPad, such as the new Smart Keyboard Folio, there are a number of hot keys that are worth knowing. For example, you can use Command + Tab to switch between open programs, Command + Spacebar to retrieve Spotlight Search, and you can use spacebar to browse long web pages in Safari. You can view all available keyboard commands by holding down the Command key on an external keyboard.
- Space Wake Up – In 2018 iPad Pro models, if you have an external keyboard attached, double-click the space bar to wake up iPad and activate face ID. This gives you a way to get on the iPad without touching the screen.
- Animoji and Memoji – New 11 and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models feature Face ID, which means you can use Animoji and Memoji in Messages and FaceTime apps.
- Apple Pencil 2 Customization – To customize the two-stroke motion on Apple Pencil 2, you can access the Settings app under Apple Pencil to adjust it.
- Instant Notes – With either Apple pencil or Apple pencil 2, touch the device on the screen of an iPad to wake it up and start right into the Notes app, which is convenient to launch a note right away. You do not even need to unlock the iPad first. Instant Notes can be customized in the Settings app under "Notes."
- USB-C – Apple's new iPad Pro models are the first to use USB-C, which means you can do new things you could not do before. The IPad Pro models can be connected to a 4K display and connect directly to some cameras, drones and other devices. However, you can not connect to external storage and you can not use the USB-C cable that comes with iPad to connect to a 4K display. You must have Apple's Thunderbolt 3 cable for that or USB-C to USB-C cable like this from Belkin.
- Charge Your iPhone – With a USB C to Lyn Cable, which Apple sells for $ 19, you can connect iPhone to iPad Pro, which allows the tablet to charge iPhone.
Do you know any other super useful iPad tips and tricks? Share them in the comments below.