Despite the challenges of 2020, OnePlus had one of the busiest years ever, releasing a large selection of new products highlighted by OnePlus 8 and OnePlus Nord. As the company looks forward to the new year, it took a moment to shed light on how it plans to improve OxygenOS in 2021.
In a forum post on Wednesday, OnePlus reflected on the past 12 months, highlighting the success of Open Ears Forums, which allows the company to open a direct dialogue with users about OxygenOS. The post talks about some of the things OnePlus users inspired the company to develop, such as automatic theme switching and an updated shelf design.
But there are several improvements on the way, which we have summarized here:
- Work in progress to optimize the inconsistency between lens and AWB
- Fixed HDR portrait halo ̵
- Add smart capture when shooting kids – Already during closed beta testing
Audio and accessories
- Continues to optimize sound adjustment
- Active noise reduction is under evaluation
- Add more chat apps to the Quick Tools feature
- Work to provide feedback with high updates and haptic feedback to other community games
- Bring FPS rate and other statistics to Game Space while you play
Of course, this is just a small selection of what the company has planned for 2021. Of course, there will always be new features in the works that we probably do not know about yet. OnePlus regularly requests feedback from the community for OxygenOS, with initiatives such as OEF and IDEAS, which have helped launch features such as Always-on Display (AOD), folders in the app drawer and more.
Outside of OxygenOS, OnePlus reportedly has big plans for the beginning of next year. The company previously confirmed plans to finally release a smartwatch, while the OnePlus 9 has leaked on a few occasions. Meanwhile, a recent report claimed that the company plans to launch its first training equipment that can be sold for only $ 40.
With new features for OxygenOS and more reputable devices, there’s a lot to look forward to if you’re a OnePlus fan.
Thanks to XDA member Some_Random_Username for the tip!