OnePlus finally brought Android 11 to the OnePlus 7T series earlier this week, and now OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro are following suit, as the company has announced on its community forum. The update adds all the goodies you expect from OxygenOS 11, except for the same feature that has not made the cut on the OnePlus 7T series yet ̵
OnePlus had some issues with the environment view of the 7 and 7T series during beta testing, and it is therefore still exclusive to Open Beta for now. Other than that, you get everything OnePlus has added to OxygenOS 11: the controversial redesign of the user interface, a dark mode switch and some minor camera updates. It’s also the new notification channels and privacy enhancements Google introduced with Android 11.
Unfortunately, OnePlus continues to track down the security update version, a strategy we have criticized time and time again. The Android 11 building rolls out with the security update in February, which is about to be two months out of date in just a few days.
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design gives you a more comfortable experience with various details optimizations
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and enhance the experience
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Since this is the upgrade of the Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Wait for the upgrade to complete
- Updated the camera’s user interface and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Recently added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Recently added access to a third-party app to share the image by tapping and holding it in preview
- Recently added quick access to shooting mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or out
- Recently added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual movie time
- Ambient screen
- Recently added Insight Clock Style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone’s usage data (To set: Settings> Personalization> Clock on ambient display)
- Recently added Canvas function that can automatically draw a wireframe image based on a lock screen image on your phone （Path: Settings – Personalization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Select image preview and it can be generated automatically
- Dark mode
- Added the dark mode hotkey, drag down the hotkey to activate
- Supports auto turn on function and customize time range (Path: Settings – Screen – Dark mode – Turn on auto – Activate automatically from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Recently added toolbox for handy Fnatic mode switches. You can now choose three ways to notify: text only, head up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Recently added quick response feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Activate it by swiping down from the upper right / left corner of the screen in game mode)
- Recently added function for prevention of incorrect touch. Activate it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will appear
- Recent design of shelf interface, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supportive Story feature, automatically generates weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the preview of the image is faster
The update rolls out in steps as usual, so it may take some time for it to reach the device. If you want to speed up the process, we can only recommend the third-party Oxygen Updater app. It downloads the latest OTA file for you and guides you through the installation process.
The article previously incorrectly stated that the OnePlus 7 series received an always-view option with the update, which is incorrect. We have updated it to remove the error.