قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Technology / The iPad battery explodes in the Amsterdam Apple Store

The iPad battery explodes in the Amsterdam Apple Store



An Apple store in Amsterdam's Leidseplein square is open today after being closed Sunday when the battery in an overheated iPad was played.

Three employees were treated for minor damage after breathing chemical vapor from the battery, but no customers were affected by the event. A staff member quickly adds iPad to a sandy firebox, according to local reports, which eliminated further hazards.

As a precaution, the store was evacuated and closed after the incident.

Apple uses rechargeable lithium-ion batteries in their devices, which can overheat and burn under certain circumstances. And this is not the first event where a battery has been burned. In 201

6, the company surveyed in Australia that an iPhone 7 broke out in flames and destroyed a car.

Apple rival Samsung has had its share of problems also, especially interruption of Galaxy Note 7 after more than a dozen of units overheated, were burned and exploded. (Samsung apologized and offered customers credit on their wireless bills that recycled Galaxy Note 7s already in the market.)


Source link