Re-Logic’s action-adventure sandbox game Terraria gets a massive update on PC that gives players the ability to create, download, play and share levels through Steam Workshop. The complete patch notes for update 1.4.2 are described below.
The Steam Workshop support in Terraria turns the game into a kind of Mario Maker. Players can build their own game using a variety of modifications, ranging from changing Terraria’s world to customizing the game’s soundtrack. These features are not specific to Steam players, although Workshop is only available on PC.
All Terraria content created can be uploaded to Steam Workshop. This hub acts as a mod browser, where players can read what is available for download. It̵
In addition to adding Steam Workshop support, the developer dropped Re-Logic Update 1.4.2, which addresses a variety of bugs. Some repairs include seeds that are not generated in identical worlds, character models that do not behave properly, enemies that spawn behind safe walls, and tool tips for items that only show the item’s name.
Terraria Update 1.4.2 Patch Notes
Other new features
- Added Steam Workshop Integration to Terraria so you can download and share world files and resource packs.
- Extended resource package functionality to include language replacement and music replacement.
- Added a button in the Research and Bestiary menu that allows you to delete all current search text.
- Enemy Banners now also provide increased player protection against enemy projectiles (previously they only used contact damage).
- Added an option to rename characters and worlds.
- Resolved a recurring issue with Rolling Cacti spawning on Demon Altars and caused a crash.
- Solved a problem where seeds would not always generate identical worlds, depending on how many worlds were generated in that game session.
- Solved a problem where some falling tiles would fall through platforms instead of landing on them.
- Solved a problem where Paper Airplanes did not fall in the quantities that Bestiary said they should get rid of.
- Solved a problem where falling coins were no longer able to land on top of other coins.
- Fixed an issue where Trap Doors was not synchronized properly in multiplayer, allowing enemies to move through them.
- Solved a problem where seated players wearing the Gi outfit would be in a “jumping” pose.
- Solved a problem where spreading Moss would not always use the correct framework when it was on servers.
- Solved a problem where slippery marble blocks would merge with echo blocks.
- Resolved an issue where Ale Tosser did not receive Frostburn effects from Frost Armor.
- Resolved an issue where Smoke Blocks were not hammered between game sessions.
- Solved a problem where some sea enemies could spawn even behind safe walls.
- Twinkle Poppers Twinkles no longer collect money, as they would delete them forever during the explosion.
- Solved a problem where Fossil Pickaxe, Tree Globe and World Globe would fall through blocks forever when they fell.
- Resolved an issue where the Wall of Flesh could fall below the world limit.
- Resolved an issue where Sergeant United Shield accidentally displayed accessory dyes under specific circumstances, even though it is a weapon.
- Resolved an issue where Resonance Scepter and Life Drain could only strike enemies back to the right.
- Solved a problem where High Velocity Bullets could sometimes hit particularly large targets twice (does not apply to multi-segment enemies, this should still allow multiple hits).
- Solved a problem where Pupfish sometimes spawn in the ocean.
- Resolved an issue where the Wand of Sparking projectile used Melee damage modifiers, not Magic.
- Solved a rare problem where the game could freeze if it was literally impossible to spawn a meteorite.
- Solved a problem where Wasp Gun had a tooltip that just said “Wasp Gun.”
- Resolved an issue where players who died, or hardcore ghosts, would interfere with Player Logic Sensors.
- Solved a problem where Star Cannon’s projectile could not get critical hits, and would not always receive proper state bonuses from player equipment.
- Solved a problem where Star Cannon’s projectile could not be fired through platforms.
- Fixed some duplication.
- Resolved an issue where Spikes would not harm the player from any angle at certain heights.
- Solved a problem where the World Globe would skip some forest backgrounds.
- Fixed an issue where Amphibian Boots stacked with other Frog Leg variants, even though Frog Leg variants are not stacked otherwise.
GameSpot can get commissions from retail offers.