Today’s Dealmaster is overwritten by more of a PSA than a direct deal: if you’re a Nintendo Switch owner who has been on the fence about buying Super Mario 3D All-Stars, you have about one day left until Nintendo removes the game from digital stores and stops sending physical copies to retailers.
Nintendo has positioned the retro game collection as a “limited production”
At the time of writing, the game is still widely available. It is possible that third-party retailers will still have copies in stock for a few days after March 31, but if you do not want to risk having to go through the retail market, there is a list of stores where the game is still available.
As a refreshment, Super Mario 3D All-Stars packs three classic 3D platform players from Mario library: Nintendo 64s Super Mario 64, GameCube’s Super Mario Sunshineand Wii’s Super Mario Galaxy. As our review notes, these games are highly respected as essential to the genre – even if the debate is over SunshineThe quality still rages 19 years later – and is well worth experiencing if you missed them for the first time or just want a nostalgia in a more practical console.
At the same time, we also found that the collection was something of a missed opportunity: the equally good Super Mario Galaxy 2 is not included, firstly, and while there are some HD upscaling and control updates that better fit the Switch hardware, most of what’s left here has remained untouched. As a result, aspects that were groundbreaking in 1996, 2002 and 2007 may look and feel dated all these years later. For $ 60, it can be difficult for someone to swallow. And that difficulty can only be exacerbated by the fact that Nintendo seems to be limiting supply artificially at a time when demand has not fallen completely (a maneuver the company has performed before).
Still, if you want to play a few classics Mario play from the comfort of your Switch, consider this your last call. Likewise, March 31 is also the day of redemption for Nintendo’s others Mario 35th anniversary products, including the Battle Royale game Super Mario Bros. 35 and Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. retro console.
If you are ready Mario up front, but our offer also includes discounts on other new Switch games, Amazon Fire HD tablets, Apple’s latest M1 Macs, Dell monitors, indoor security cameras, OLED TVs and much more. You can see the full overview below.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Top 10 offers of the day
Laptop and desktop PC offerings
- Apple Mac Mini (2020) mini desktop PC – Apple M1, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD for $ 799.99 at Amazon (discount seen at checkout – normally $ 860).
- Apple MacBook Air (Late 2020) Notebook PC – Apple M1, 13.3-inch 2560×1600, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD for $ 949.99 at Amazon (usually $ 999).
- Apple MacBook Pro (late 2020) Notebook PC – Apple M1, 13.3-inch 2560×1600, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD for $ 1,149.99 at Amazon (discount seen at checkout – normally $ 1,299).
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano Notebook PC – Intel Core i5-1130G7, 13-inch 2160×1350, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $ 950 at Lenovo and eBay (use code: CLEANING 5—Normally $ 1,050).
- Lenovo Yoga C940 2-in-1 Laptop – Intel Core i7-1065G7, 14-inch 1080p, 12GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $ 944.99 at Lenovo (usually $ 1100).
- HP Chromebook x360 2-in-1 Notebook PC – Intel Core i3-10110U, 14-inch 1080p, 8GB RAM, 64GB eMMC for $ 449 at Best Buy (usually $ 530).
- Lenovo Chromebook Duet 2-in-1 Tablet – MediaTek Helio P60T, 10.1-inch 1920×1200, 4GB RAM, 128GB eMMC for $ 249 at Best Buy (usually $ 299).
- 27-inch LG 27GN800-B game monitor – 2560×1440, 144Hz, IPS, FreeSync for $ 346.99 at Amazon (usually $ 385).
- 27-inch Dell S2721DGF Game Monitor – 2560×1440, 165Hz, IPS, FreeSync for $ 429.99 at Dell (usually $ 500).
- 32-inch Dell S3220DGF Curved Game Monitor – 2560×1440, 165Hz, VA, FreeSync for $ 379.99 at Dell (usually $ 435).
- Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) PCIe Gen 4 NVMe internal SSD for $ 199.99 at Amazon (usually $ 230).
- WD Black SN850 (500 GB) PCIe Gen 4 NVMe internal SSD for $ 99.99 at Amazon (usually $ 130).
- WD Black SN850 (2TB) PCIe Gen 4 NVMe internal SSD for $ 379.99 at Amazon (usually $ 430).
Video game deals
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Survivor Trilogy (Xbox, PS4, digital) for $ 19.99 at Microsoft and PlayStation Store (usually $ 50).
- Resident Evil 2 (PS4) for $ 17.99 at Amazon (usually $ 22).
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Switch, Xbox) for $ 19.99 at Amazon (usually $ 30).
- Immortals Fenyx Rising (PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch) for $ 29.88 at Amazon and GameStop (usually $ 40).
- Xbox Live Gold only: Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox, PS4, PS5, digital) for $ 19.79 at Microsoft and PlayStation Store (usually $ 35).
- Ring Fit Adventure (Switch) for $ 69.88 at Amazon and Walmart (usually $ 80).
- Death Stranding (PS4) for $ 19.99 on GameStop (usually $ 30).
- The Last Guardian (PS4, digital) for $ 12.99 on PlayStation Store (usually $ 20).
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition (PC, digital) for $ 9.99 on Steam and GOG (usually $ 30).
- Max Payne 3 (PC, digital) for $ 6.99 on Steam (usually $ 20).
- Lonely Mountains: Downhill (PC, Switch, digital) for $ 13.39 on Steam and Nintendo eShop (usually $ 20).
- Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PC, digital) for $ 2.46 at Green Man Gaming (usually $ 15).
TV and home entertainment offerings
- 65-inch LG CX (2020 model) 4K HDR OLED TV for $ 1,949.99 at Amazon (cut $ 47 coupon—Normally $ 2100).
- 65-inch Sony A8H (2020 model) 4K HDR OLED TV for $ 1,998 at Amazon and B&H (usually $ 2500).
- 75-inch Sony X750H (2020 model) 4K LED TV for $ 898 at Amazon (usually $ 1,040).
- New subscribers only: Peacock Premium 4-month membership for $ 9.99 at Peacock (usually $ 20).
- New subscribers only: YouTube Premium 3-month membership for free at Best Buy (usually $ 24).
- Amazon Fire HD 8 (32 GB, ads) tablet for $ 59.99 at Amazon (usually $ 90).
- Amazon Fire HD 10 (32 GB, ads) tablet for $ 94.99 at Amazon (usually $ 140).
- Amazon Echo Show 10 smart screen for $ 209.99 at Amazon (usually $ 250).
- Beats Solo Pro Bluetooth on-ear noise canceling headphones for $ 169.99 on eBay and Best Buy (usually $ 270).
- Beats Powerbeats Pro real wireless sports headphones for $ 169.95 at Amazon and Best Buy (usually $ 200).
- Sony WH-1000XM3 (2018 Model) Bluetooth Noise Canceling Headphones for $ 199.99 on Focus Camera (use code: BDTHANKS—Normally $ 330).
- Aukey EP-T32 Bluetooth genuine wireless earphones for $ 27.49 at Amazon (cut 45% coupon—Normally $ 47).
- Logitech MX Master 2S Wireless Office Mouse for $ 49.99 at Lenovo (use code: MXMASTER50—Normally $ 65).
- Samsung T5 (2TB) external portable SSD for $ 210.45 at Amazon and B&H (usually $ 235).
- WD My Passport SSD (500 GB) external portable SSD for $ 84.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (usually $ 90).
- SanDisk Extreme (500 GB) external portable SSD for $ 89.99 at Amazon (usually $ 95).
- WD Easystore (5TB) external portable HDD for $ 99.99 on eBay (usually $ 130).
- Lenovo ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard II Wireless Keyboard for $ 77.39 at Lenovo (use code: XTRA10ACC—Normally $ 86).
Smart home unit deals
Accessories and various offers