The big moment has finally come for console players of the hit game Stardew Valley. Creator, ConcernedApe, has finally rolled out the long-awaited version 1.5 update.
“Stardew Valley 1.5 update for Switch, Xbox and PlayStation is out”
If you haven’t been following our Stardew Valley coverage, version 1.5 includes a new beachfront, advanced game options and more. You can see the entire change log in our previous post, but be warned – it may contain spoilers.
We also have a spoiler-free overview of what to expect (notes based on the PC update). ConcernedApe previously said that version 1
New game options
If you are considering starting a new storage file for this update, there are some new character creation options:
- There is a new farm called “Beach Farm“. It is large, with good fishing and feeding opportunities, and the chance for rare supply boxes to wash up on land. But it’s a catch … most of the farm is covered in sandy soil which prevents you from using sprinklers (they get clogged with sand). If this is your first time playing Stardew Valley, I recommend trying one of the other farms for a more classic experience, but if you come back for a new review, Beach Farm can make the experience a little fresher (it also has a unique look).
- It is a new “Advanced game options”Button at the bottom left of the character creation menu. From here you can choose from a variety of options to customize your gameplay. For returning players, I would recommend trying out the “remixed” Community Center bundles, which randomize the bundles you get, and add brand new as well as variations of the originals. Remixing the mine rewards can also shake things up … this gives random variation to what you can get out of my chests.
- Be sure to check out new hairstyles at the end of the hair list.
Shared screen (local) collaboration
To play split screen, build a cabin (from Robins) for up to 3 other players who want to join (if you are starting a new game, you can also choose to have cabins already located at the beginning of the advanced game options menu). When the cabins are there, open the game menu, scroll down to multiplayer and select “Start local collaboration”. The other players can now join by pressing start on a controller connected to the PC. See the options tab in the game menu to adjust the zoom level and UI zoom level to a setting that works well for you. Otherwise, split screen works exactly the same as online multiplayer.
A spoiler-free list of some of the new features you can expect:
- New people to meet
- New goals
- Many new things
- A new type of mission
- A new farm layout
- New character events
- A new social upgrade
- Home renovation (after you have fully upgraded your house)
- Ducks can now swim
- You can sit in chairs
- You can move your bed
- Fishing vessel
- A bunch of new furniture, as well as new furniture and wall lamps
- New secrets
- 9 new music tracks
- And so much more … you just have to see, I can not bear to ruin it
Are you excited to try version 1.5? Leave a comment below.