Square Enix has announced the establishment of the Square Enix Image Studio Division, which merges its Visual Works Division and Image Arts Division. Takeshi Nozue will serve as general manager.
Here is an overview of the studio, via Square Enix:
The Visual Works Division has created pre-rendered movies for many of Square Enix’s game titles. Image Arts Division, whose core staff includes members of the team that created the film Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, has meanwhile engaged in research and development of high-end visual expression with a focus on real-time graphics.
By merging the technologies and attributes of the two divisions of the Square Enix Image Studio Division, Square Enix aims to accelerate research and development in next-generation visual expression and to incorporate the results of this effort into actual content. It hopes to give its customers an even higher quality of experience.
Visit the Square Enix Image Studio Division website here.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No break-in comments, including trolling, bait or crap posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes violent, threatening, pornographic, misleading or insulting content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No begging.
- No console war.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.Enter the subject of the content outside the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful of other commentators. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter does not follow this simple label, do not continue the conversation ̵
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete comments without notice. This comment policy can be changed at any time.