Disclaimer: This is not an actual price
Yesterday, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) held its annual BAFTA Games Awards, which saw a cavalcade of good releases from 2020 lined up in hopes of gaining recognition from Britain’s premier art and media academy.
And when the curtain finally fell on tonight’s festivities, ‘Supergiant Games’ Hades appeared with the heaviest trophy bag, having collected a total of five awards in many categories. Fantasy dungeon crawler took home the gongs for Artistic Achievement, Game Design and Narrative, with actor Logan Cunningham lowering the Supporting Role Award for his work in pronouncing many underworld characters. Hades rounded out the night and won the coveted Best Game award ̵
Despite being nominated in as many as 13 categories, Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us del II only managed to bring home three awards: Best Animation, the annual EE Game of the Year, and actress Laura Bailey who won the lead role for her excellent portrayal of the dual protagonist / antagonist Abby Anderson. Nintendo Animal Crossing: New Horizons bagged Best Multiplayer and “Game Beyond Entertainment”. With the flag for the little boys, Phobia Entertainment won best debut for its tough body horror title, Carrion.
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees. There was a lot to dislike in 2020, but at least it can not be denied that our favorite pastime absolutely knocked it out of the park with hit, after hit, after hit. Check out the full list of winners below.
- Animation: The Last of Us del II
- Artistic achievement: Hades
- Audio performance: Ghost of Tsushima
- British Games: Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Evolving Game: Sea of Thieves
- Family: Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Game Beyond Entertainment: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Multiplayer: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Music: Marvels Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Original property: Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
- Performing in a lead role: Laura Bailey (for The Last of Us del II)
- Performer in a supporting role: Logan Cunningham (for Hades)
- Technical performance: Dreams
- This year’s EE game: The Last of Us del II