Season of Legends is a new Pokémon GO season that runs from March 1 to June 1, 2021. Season of Legends celebrates legends in Pokémon GO, including new Legendary Pokémon and legendary trainers.
At the time of writing, Niantic has shared an introductory blog post announcing the new season. More details will be added to this guide after March 1 and after we have collected more data.
New Legendary and Mega Raids
This season starts with some legendary Pokémon making their debut on Pokémon GO—Therian Forme Tornadus, Therian Forme Thundurus, and Therian Forme Landorus!
Seasonal exclusive specialist research
Towards the beginning of the season, all coaches will have access to the Season of Legends Special Research. Follow Professor Willow as he makes exciting discoveries about Therian Forme Tornadus, Therian Forme Thundurus and Therian Forme Landorus, the first three legendary Pokémon to be featured this season. Complete this special research to earn Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus Candy, as well as other rewards.
Stay tuned for more details. There may be some other legendary faces making their Pokémon GO debut later this season as well! 🕵️
New Mega Raids
As of March 1 various Mega-Evolved Pokémon appear in Mega Raids, and other Mega-Evolved Pokémon will debut in Pokémon GO during the season. Stay tuned for more details soon, coaches!
New wild spawns
As the seasons change, different types of Pokémon will appear in different habitats in the wild!
For example, you may find Mantine or Frillish appearing near water, or you may come across a Voltorb or Glameow while in town! If you happen to cross near grassy and wooded areas, you can find Hoppip floating peacefully in the air.
These and many more Pokémon appear more often in the wild, so keep an eye out and stay tuned for more information!
During this season, the types of Pokémon that appear more often in the wild exclusively in the northern or southern hemisphere will be greatly expanded from last season (Season of Celebration)!
In the northern hemisphere you will be able to meet the following Pokémon in the wild:
- Increased wild spawning: Tangela, Combee, Croagunk, Ducklett and many more
- The Sinnoh region starts: Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup
- Rare meetings: Scyther, Dratini and Cottonee
- Seasonal form: Spring Form Deerling
- Increased wild spawning: Mankey, Yanma, Buizel, Woobat and many more
- The Sinnoh region starts: Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott
- Rare meetings: Pineco, Bagon and Ferroseed
- Seasonal form: Autumn form Deerling
New Pokémon and eggs
Different Pokémon will hatch from all egg groups, regardless of which hemisphere you live in. The table below is not final and contains only first released information.
Bonuses and items
You can look forward to even more goodies this season, such as the following bonuses and items:
- Players can only receive increased XP from the five-star raid during this season.
- Free Remote Raid Pass will be available at certain times during the season. Stay tuned for more information on when these Remote Raid Passes will be available in store!
Throughout the season, you have even more opportunities to be legendary! March Community Day, GO Battle League season 7, brand new events and more to come. You can also look forward to a number of events towards the end of the season that will certainly be legendary.