Publisher Merge Games and developer Italian Games Factory has announced Haunted room, a science fiction horror game for PlayStation 5, Xbox series and PC (Steam). A release date was not announced.
Here is an overview of the game via the Steam page:
Experience the next generation of space combat in Haunted room. Sci-fi mixes with horror elements in a story-rich adventure based on exploration, fast-paced dogfights, trade and shipbuilding, with customizable flight simulation and intense multi-stage boss fights.
In the distant future, the second age of human civilization reached the distant Neterun galaxy and discovered a powerful energy called Sonic Matter. Millions of settlers arrived at Neterun̵7;s systems, and a large factory called the Metal Mother Facility was built to harvest this valuable resource. But humanity soon discovered that they were not alone …
Take on the role of a Raider, in the service of the Human Empire, while crossing a treacherous galaxy in the far reaches of the world. Take on missions across multiple systems or strike out on your own to fight, explore and remove resources and credits. Act, create, customize your ship and fight to survive as you uncover the mystery of a galaxy haunted by an ancient civilization.
- Explore Neterun Galaxy Cross several unique star systems, each filled with danger and intrigue. Play in first-person or third-person perspective as you overcome the challenges of this dangerous backwater in the room.
- Experience a deep and epic Sci-Fi horror story Neterun is full of monuments and relics left behind by an ancient civilization, and the galaxy is haunted by their ghosts. Discover the reasons for their presence and fight to survive against their supernatural threat in a story inspired by the dark and twisted stories of Heavy Metal and 2000AD.
- Put on the terrible colossus – Overcome the odds in tough multi-stage boss fights against ancient god-like creatures composed of organic material and debris.
- Notice Shop and build new ships and ship equipment using powerful and customizable ship modification tools – create and purchase new weapons, shields, cargo containers, engines and more. Fantastic beam tracking effects and immersive sound put you at the heart of the action like never before.
- Play your way – Inn Haunted room, the innovative co-pilot system lets you choose the level of control you prefer, from a complete space simulation, to a more arcade-style experience. At its maximum level, the co-pilot game makes it accessible to blind and visually impaired users, and it also supports eye tracking.
See the announcement trailer below. See the first screenshots in the gallery. Visit the official website here.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No break-in comments, including trolling, bait or crap posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes violent, threatening, pornographic, misleading or insulting content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port begging.
- No console war.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.Enter the subject of the content outside the spoiler codes.
- Be respectful of other commentators. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter does not follow this simple label, do not continue the conversation – just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete comments without notice. This comment policy can be changed at any time.