Publisher Limited Run Games and developer Christophe Galati will drop Save me Mr. Tako: Definitive Edition for Switch via Nintendo eShop and PC via Steam on May 5, the developer announced.
The original Save me Mr. Tako: Tasukete Tako-San was released in October 2018 and taken from digital store fronts back in October 2020 after the original publisher Nicalis and developer Christophe Galati parted ways. Users who already own Save me Mr. Tako: Tasukete Tako-San must buy Save me Mr. Tako: Definitive Edition to receive the new content.
“Last year for the game̵
Limited Run Games also announced that they will publish a physical edition of Save me Mr. Tako: Definitive Edition “On consoles”, with more information to be announced at a later date.
Here is an overview of the game via the Steam page:
Dive into a great adventure in the Game Boy era!
In a world where humans and squid are at war, Tako is a pacifist little squid that saves a woman from drowning on a stormy night. A fairy sees this action and gives him the opportunity to survive on land. As he travels around the world, Tako defies his family and people to try to resolve conflicts between humans and squid, throwing him into the very roots of this dysfunctional world.
Tako will solve puzzles, turn enemies into platforms by spitting ink on them, exploring mysterious dungeons and fighting tough bosses on his mission to end the war between the underwater octopus kingdom and the earthly human realm. Do you want to help this brave octopus spread his message of tolerance and teach both species to coexist in peace and unity?
- Designed as a tribute to the original Game Boy – looks, sounds and plays like a lost cassette.
- Six worlds to explore.
- 50 different hats that Tako can get and use to achieve special abilities.
- Extensive character dialogue with many unique and memorable NPCs.
- Side quests, puzzles, mini-games and 16 different dungeons to explore.
- Several selectable palettes to change the game’s color scheme.
Definitive edition Features
- New difficulty mode and balancing of the original game.
- Hint system, automatic palette option and several improvements to the quality of life.
- Sound system for listening to the soundtrack composed by Marc-Antoine Archier.
- New edge images and additional content.
Read more about the game here.