The switch has been out for a while now. Wondering what happens now in Japan? Pretty good, that's the way.
Here are how the best-selling video games on Japanese retail for the week 13 August to 19 August.
1. Minecraft ( Replace ): 25,948 copies sold
2. Splatoon 2 ( Switch ): 24,188
3. Taiko no Tatsujin Nintendo Switch Version ( Switch ): 21.109
4. Mario Kart 8 DX ( Replace ): 20,346
5. WarioWare Gold (3DS): 20,142
6. Mario Tennis Aces ( Change ): 18,520
7. Pro Yakyuu Famista Evolution ( Change ): 13,259
8. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker ( Change ): 12,111
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild ( Change ): 9,682
10. Kirby Star Allies ( Change ): 8,707
11. Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon (3DS): 8,447
12. Octopath Traveler ( Switch ): 8,002
13. Super Mario Odyssey ( Breaker ): 7,066
14. Yakuza 3 (PS4): 6,753
15. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (3DS): 5,766
16. Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and Millionaires & Conspiracy DX ( Replace ): 5.101
17. Okami ( Change ): 4,758
18. Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit ( Change ): 4,703
19. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2018 (PS4): 3,449
20. Fire Pro Wrestling World (PS4): 3,326
The switch also dominates hardware sales. During the week from August 13 to August 19th, there were 54,647 Switch consoles sold in retail, which was 57.2 percent of the game machine sold this week.
Below you will find the hardware retailer number:
1. Switch: 54,647
2. PS4: 20,911
3. New 2DS LL: 7.872
4. PS4 Pro: 4,932
5. New3DS LL: 3.316
6. Vita: 3,083
7. 2DS: 708
8. Xbox One: 51
9. Xbox One X: 45
Maybe it's just this week, maybe you think. But if you look at last week's numbers, thirteen of the top 20 games were on the switch (another three were on Nintendo 3DS). Yakuza 3 on PS4, launched last week, was number one, while Fire Pro Wrestling World which was also released, was number four. The PS4 version of the recently released Bullet Girls Phantasia shooter was number ten and the PS Vita version was 19th.
By comparison, these best-selling Switch titles have been out for a while. Nevertheless, they continue to sell and sell and sell.