Answers to frequently asked questions about the Pokémon GO Tour: The Kanto Event. Have a look at the Kanto Tour Prep Guide, Red vs Green version differences and Kanto Tour Event Guide articles if you have more questions.
How do I buy a ticket?
Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto tickets are now available in the app store! Tickets are $ 11.99 USD plus any applicable taxes and fees (or equivalent in your local currency). Tickets cannot be purchased with PokéCoins.
- Tap the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto image in the store.
- Press Purchase button.
- Then you will see a popup indicating that you have received a ticket for the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto.
- After you press OK, you can find the ticket in your bag.
- If you press the event ticket in the bag, a popup will appear allowing you to select a version.
- After confirming your version choice, you will receive a corresponding red / green medal in your profile.
Note: The version selection is final, you can not change the version once it is selected.
What do I get with a ticket?
Ticket holders, here’s what you need to know.
- Version selection: Your adventure begins after you have selected either the Red Version or the Green Version of the event. Not sure what to choose? Check out our blog here for more info on what makes each one unique.
- Collection challenges: Once you have started the event, you will have access to 10 collection challenges, and they will be available until Sunday 28 February 2021 at 19:59 local time.
- Special research: When you begin the Pokémon GO Tour: The Kanto Adventure, you must tap the Special Research icon after Professor Willow appears to claim your new Special Research. Once you have done so, it can be completed at any time during or after the event.
- Masterwork Research: After completing the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto Special Research, you gain access to a new, more challenging type of research: Masterwork Research! Masterwork Research is designed to be completed over a long period of time, and the first story – All-in-One # 151 – will result in a meeting with Shiny Mew!
- Free items: Remember to claim the free item packs in the store to give you a boost on your adventure! These packs come with your ticket and give you three Remote Raid Pass and 200 Poké Balls.
- Extra daily raid passes: Require up to nine daily raid passes during the event time.
- Incense: Incense will attract version-exclusive Pokémon during the event, so be sure to use it!
- Social Media: Share photos on Twitter or Instagram using #PokemonGOTour, and you can see them featured in the app during the event!
What if I do not have a ticket?
No ticket? No worries!
All trainers will be able to enjoy the following during the Pokémon GO Tour: the Kanto event.
- Highlighted coach characters appear as GO Tour Challengers during the event. Find and battle with them on PokéStops to complete exclusive timed research and get rewards!
- Develop certain Pokémon during the event to get a Pokémon that knows an exclusive attack.
- Develop Ivysaur – the evolution of Bulbasaur – to get a Venusaur that knows the Frenzy Plant.
- Evolve Wartortle – Evolution of Squirtle – to get a Blastoise who knows Hydro Cannon.
- Evolve Charmeleon – Evolution of Charmander – to get a Charizard who knows Blast Burn.
- Event hours by locations from Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green games will occur during the event. Check out the schedule here.
- Turn up the volume! Each hour with a place theme will feature music inspired by Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green, created by the game’s original composer, Junichi Masuda!
Do I have to choose a version? How do I choose it?
Yes, to participate in GO Tour: Kanto, you must choose either the Red Version or the Green Version. Learn more about the version difference and how to make your choice here: Pokémon GO Tour Kanto: Red vs Green version differences
What is the difference between the red version and the green version?
Each version has a set of exclusive Pokémon (based on the original games). In addition, each version has a greater chance of meeting the glossy shapes of certain Pokémon. Learn more about the version difference and how to make your choice here: Pokémon GO Tour Kanto: Red vs Green version differences
I chose Red Version, can I switch to Green Version (or vice versa)?
No, after confirming the version selection, your ticket version cannot be changed: choose carefully!
Why does my GO Tour medal say in the app “02.21”?
The date format displayed on medals in the app is Month year, and does not include Day. 02.21 shown on your medal refers to February 2021.
Do I have to leave my house to participate in the GO Tour?
No, this event is designed to be played at home if needed. For the best experience, we recommend playing in a local park or similar area; However, it is very important that you follow local health guidelines.
Do I need to be able to act to complete the research?
No, you do not have to shop to complete special research. Since only certain Pokemon are available in each level, you must act to complete some of the collection challenges and collect the first 150 Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region. To help you with this, we have increased the trading distance limit to 40 km during the event.
Do I have to collect all 150 Pokémon to complete the special investigation / end the event / etc.?
No. Each collection challenge you complete will reward you and develop your Elite Collector brand, but it’s not necessary to do so to experience all Pokémon GO Tour content.
Will all 150 Pokémon appear for each version?
There is a version exclusive to Pokémon that will not be available to all ticket holders, but otherwise everyone will have the same event experience. Please note that developed forms will not appear in nature during the event.
How can I Find a Specific Pokémon?
See below for how to find Pokémon during the GO Tour: Kanto opening hours. These Pokémon appear in the wild and are attracted to incense during the specified hour:
- Pallby: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Pikachu and Zubat
- Tinnby: Nidoran-f, Nidoran-m, Clefairy, Paras, Diglett, Geodude, Magnemite, Onix, Voltorb and Rhyhorn
- Cerulean City: Jigglypuff, Psyduck, Poliwag, Tentacool, Shellder, Krabby, Horsea, Goldeen, Staryu and Magikarp
- Fuchsia by: Venonat, Abra, Ponyta, Grimer, Gastly, Drowzee, Exeggcute, Koffing, Omanyte and Kabuto
- Pokémon League: Machop, Slowpoke, Doduo, Seel, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Jynx, Eevee, Porygon and Dratini
These Pokémon do not appear in nature during the event, see below for how to meet them:
- Farfetch’d, Kangaskhan, Mr Mime, Tauros, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mewtwo will appear in Raids.
- Cubone, Lickitung, Chansey, Tangela, Lapras, Ditto, Aerodactyl and Snorlax are shown as reward meetings from GO Tour: Kanto Special Research Assignments.
- If you choose Red version these Pokémon are attracted to Incense during the event: Ekans, Oddish, Mankey, Growlithe, Scyther and Electabuzz.
- If you choose Green version these Pokémon are attracted to Incense during the event: Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout, Magmar and Pinsir.
- Cubone, Lickitung, Chansey, Tangela, Lapras, Ditto, Aerodactyl and Snorlax appear as reward tours from GO Tour: Kanto Special research assignments.
- In addition: Lickitung, Chansey, Tangela, Lapras and Aerodactyl will appear rare in nature throughout the event (not related to a specific hour). If you are lucky, you can also meet a Snorlax!
What is the event? / When will a certain hour happen?
Hours with place theme will rotate throughout the day. The event schedule (local time) is described below:
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Pallet Town
- 10:00 to 11:00 – Pewter City
- 11 a.m. to noon – Cerulean City
- 12:00 to 13:00 – Fuchsia City
- 1pm to 2pm – Pokémon League
- 14.00 to 15.00 – Pallet Town
- 3pm to 4pm – Pewter City
- 16.00 to 17.00 – Cerulean City
- 5pm to 6pm – Fuchsia City
- 6pm to 7pm – Pokémon League
- 19:00 to 21:00 – Pokémon from all previous hours will appear in nature
Do I need to complete the specialist research or the master’s thesis research within a deadline to meet Shiny Mew?
No, there is no deadline to complete the GO Tour: Kanto Special Research or Masterwork Research acquired after completing Special Research. Masterwork Research is meant to be completed over a long period of time, so take as long as you need.
How long do I have to complete the collection’s challenges?
All ten GO tours: Kanto Collection Challenges will be open until Sunday 28 February 2021 at 19:59 in your local time zone. With the exception of the Evolve & Trade challenges, we recommend working to complete them during the event itself.
How can I collect enough candy to complete the Evolve Collection Challenge?
Pokémon captured during the GO Tour event time will reward extra candy. You will be able to collect candy for the exclusive version of Pokémon that is not included in your version in two different ways: 1) shop with a friend 2) complete exclusive field research tasks.
What if I have no one to deal with during the event?
It will not be possible to complete the “Trade” Collection Challenge without a trading partner, but you will have until Sunday 28 February 2021 at 19:59 in your local time zone to work on completing all the GO Tour Collection challenges.
What if I buy a ticket but can only play part of the time? What if I do not complete the specialist research assignments during the time period?
If you buy a ticket, we encourage you to play as long as you can enjoy the various bonuses that are activated during this time period! The duration is fixed and will not change depending on when you log in. We strongly recommend buying a ticket in advance to get the full bonus.
Players with tickets will still have access to Special Research after it is over as long as they log in and take an action in the game during the time period (Saturday 20 February 2021, from 9:00 to 9:00 local time) to collect the special survey.
There will be no change in the rewards, and there is no time limit to complete it, but the special research must have been collected during the time period.
I do not want to buy a ticket, can I still attend the event?
Yes! These features will be available to all coaches during the event, even if you do not buy a ticket:
- Some Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Kanto region will appear in the wild and in raids.
- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mewtwo return to Legendary Raids! Check details in the official blog for the selected Special Moves.
- All coaches will have access to exclusive timed research.
- The trade range is increased to 40 km.
What is GO Tour Timed Research?
The Timed Research is part of the free event experience and is available to all coaches (regardless of whether you have a ticket to the event) during the event time. Work to complete it and get rewards by finding and fighting GO Tour Challengers on PokéStops. Follow local health and safety guidelines.
How can I get a refund?