Finally, an Instant Pot is so photoy, you want to include it in all your food pictures – and it may be yours tomorrow. Food Network star and cookbook author Ree Drummond, AKA Pioneer Woman, will be her series of sweet and practical Instant Potter September 15th. You can catch the vintage-style, flower-shaped pressure cookers for $ 99 each at Walmart.
Each Pioneer Woman Instant Pot serves as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, sauteer, steam and hotter. It has high pressure settings, a delayed start button, and a warm function – plus, each comes with a booklet of The Pioneer Woman's simple recipes, including easy-to-peel hard boiled eggs and gooey chocolate lava cakes.
You can not remember to see many Instant-Pot recipes on Pioneer Woman – due to Drummond's self-reluctance to jump on the Instant-Pot train. But when she received one as a birthday present, she said she found herself using it every week.
"When I realized that my Instant Pot did not go anywhere, I decided to collaborate with Instant Pot to bring Pioneer Woman patterns and aesthetics to Instant Pot," Drummond told us in an interview. "It's something I've found I never leave. It's always on my counter, and so of course I want it to be pretty."
Drummond added that Instant Pot really won her over when she realized it cut the cooking time for its perfect potato roast in half.
"What I love most about is obviously time-saving," she explained. "I never knew you could make a beautiful, juicy pan in less than four hours, but in Instant Pot it takes less than an hour and a half. It really changed my perspective on potato steaks: I do not look at it as something I have to plan ahead as much as I used to. "This for her Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork, as discussed below.
For the new Pioneer Woman cookbook comes out in October 2019 (Drummond promises it will have a more Instant Pot recipe), we just have to do with the kettle recipes in the booklet. At first, this sore, taco-ready Instant-Pot spiced Dr Pepper Pork, a fave of his man, Ladd.
spicy dr pepper pulled pork
Ree Says: "A favorite of Ladd and the Cowboys. Great on rolls, in tacos or with mashed potatoes. "
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and quartet
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) boneless pork shoulder, cut into large pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 (11 ounces) can chipotle paprika in adobo sauce
- 1 can Dr Pepper or other coke
- 4 garlic
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- hot tortillas, toasted salad, cubes with tomatoes, grated cheese, sliced avocado, salsa and lime wedges for serving
- Disconnect the loop into the inner pot. Grease the crumbled pork tenderloin with salt and pepper and put on top of onion. Top with the can of chipotles, Dr Pepper, garlic and brown sugar.
- Lock the lid, set the valve to Seal Seen on Manual and set the timer for 35 minutes. When done, leave Naturally Wait for 10 minutes. Release the pressure and remove the lid. Remove the pork from a cutting board with a spoon and spoon. With a spoon or spoon, remove as much fat from the top of the liquid as possible. Return the pork to the pot and stir to combine.
- Served on hot milk tortilla. Top with crushed salad, diced tomatoes, grated cheese, avocado slices, salsa. Server with lime wedges.
hungry for more instant pot news? Like Brit + Co on Facebook !
(Recipe via Pioneer Woman x Instant Pot; images via Walmart and Monica Schipper / Stringer / Getty)