For owners of OnePlus 7 and 7T series phones, the wait for the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 update has been endless. Yesterday, however, we got one step closer, when OnePlus released the third Open Beta for the upcoming software release, with a couple of identical change logs loaded with bug fixes and brought us one step closer to a stable release.
The full switching log for OxygenOS 1
- Optimized the effect of unlocking animation
- Solved the problem of slow charging speed in some cases
- Resolved the delayed issue while playing screen-captured videos
- Fixed the small probability error problem with Double Tap to Wake
- Fixed the issue that Netflix could not play HD videos
- Resolved the silent issue when the Bluetooth transport protocol was changed to AptX
- Improved Wi-Fi connection stability and reduced Internet outages
Included with the changes are a solution for playing HD video in Netflix, improved charging speeds under certain circumstances, AptX Bluetooth audio fixes and better Wi-Fi stability. OnePlus also notes that there is currently an error with the feature that is always on the screen that increases the power consumption beyond what you expect when it is activated, but a solution is expected in an upcoming release.
The company also notes that the update is not yet available for the OnePlus 7 or 7T, although they will “follow soon.”
The newer OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro series also received a new Open Beta update with a minor change log, including security updates in February and a few minor improvements.
- Adjusted the design of the emergency rescue in the password lock screen
- Solved the problem that the Horizon light is unlikely to turn on
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
OnePlus has only a vague schedule for when a stable OxygenOs 11 release will land for the 7 and 7T series. The phones originally got into a data decryption problem that delayed development at the end of last year, but we are slowly getting closer with each Open Beta release. Just earlier today, OnePlus Nord picked up its Android 11 update, and older OnePlus phones got a slightly early taste of OxygenOS 11 via the launch update that rolled out in January.