If you are a fan of clean and minimalist PC builds, then NZXT has covered you with its first AMD motherboard, the NZXT N7 B550. The company is known for its clean and feature-rich PC cases and has been offering Intel motherboards for a few years now, but the N7 B550 marks an official listing for NZXT on the AMD platform.
NZXT’s N7 B550 motherboard has all the features you expect for your AMD Ryzen PC design and also has a clean and minimalist design
The NZXT N7 B550 motherboard is not designed for the flashy RGB player aesthetics, but instead for simpler and cleaner PC builds. It is based on the AMD platform and supports both Ryzen 5000 and Ryzen 3000 desktop CPUs. The motherboard comes in two flavors, a Matte White variant and a Matte Black variant. Both models cost $ 229.99 US, which is a decent price given the design and quality of the motherboard. Most premium B550 designs fall in the $ 200- $ 250 price range, so I think we can say that pricing is justified here.
The following are some of the highlights of the NZXT N7 B550 motherboard before we get into more technical details:
- Designed around AMD’s B550 chipset, the N7 B550 delivers everything you need to build an incredible gaming PC.
- Features include built-in Wi-Fi 6E connectivity, integrated fan controller, front panel USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C, all-manufacturer supported RGB accessories and more.
- The motherboard cover perfectly matches the color and finish of the NZXT case, creating a visually seamless backdrop for your components.
- Wi-Fi 6E connection with updated B550 chipset specifications
- Digital RGB lighting control through CAM: advanced lighting with many presets and custom modes and cross-line compatibility for all lighting accessories.
- Digital fan control: practical fan profiles within CAM for seven independent fan ducts
- Integrated rear I / O screen and efficient setup ensures straight and optimal setup with easy upgrading capability
- Compatible with third generation AMD Ryzen processors (3000, 4000 and 5000 series processors)
- Two M.2 connectors for storage devices
- Intel Wi-Fi 6E wireless connectivity and Bluetooth V5.2
- Multi-GPU support with AMD CrossFireX technology
- Supports memory overclocking speeds of up to 4600+ MHz and XMP
- 8-channel high definition sound
NZXT N7 B550 (AMD) Motherboard in matte white:
NZXT N7 B550 (AMD) Motherboard in matt black:
The NZXT N7 B550 has the AM4 CPU connector powered by a 14 + 2-phase power supply. The CPU connector is powered by an 8 + 4-pin connector configuration. There are four DDR4 memory slots on the card that support up to 128 GB capacity with speeds of up to 4600 MHz (OC +). It seems that NZXT uses the same design approach as their Intel-based N7 motherboard with an elegant metal cover (white or black) that covers the components. The areas around PCH and VRM are perforated with holes so that the air can flow out considering that they have large cooling fins of metal under them. There is no active cooling solution used by NZXT, but we can see an IO plate that covers the connectors at the very top.
In terms of I / O, the NZXT N7 B550 (AMD) motherboard has two PCIe 3.0 slots x16 slots (x16 / x4 electrical). There are also two M.2 slots and a single M.2 Key slot occupied by a WiFi 6E network card. The motherboard has the following I / O ports:
|USB ports||3 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports (3 on the back panel)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C (on the back panel)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 front panel port (For USB Type-C)
8 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports (4 on the back panel, 4 on the center board)
8 x USB 2.0 ports (2 on the back panel, 6 on the center board)
|Rear I / O||2 x USB 2.0 ports
3 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
1 x HDMI port port
2 x SMA connectors for wireless antenna
1 x Clear CMOS button
1 x BIOS Flashback button
1 x LAN (RJ45) port
1 x optical S / PDIF output
1 x 5.1 channel audio connectors
|Internal I / O||1 x 24-pin ATX power connector
1 x 8 + 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x 4-pin CPU_FAN connector (1)
1 x 4-pin AIO_PUMP connector (2)
5 x 4-pin SYS_FAN connectors (2)
2 x NZXT RGB LED connectors (3)
1 x 5V ARGB LED connector (4)
1 x 12V RGB LED Connector (5)
3 x USB 2.0 header (up to 6 USB 2.0 ports)
2 x USB 3.2 Gen1 header (up to 4 USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 header (for USB Type-C)
6 x SATA 6Gb / s connectors
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M-key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage device support (PCIe 4.0 x4 mode (with Matisse & Vermeer) or PCIe 3.0 x4 (with Renoir))
1 x M.2 socket 3 with M-key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage device support (PCIe 3.0 x2 and SATA mode)
1 x M.2 connector 1 with E-key, (for wireless cards)
1 x audio connector on the front panel
1 x power button
1 x reset button
4 x POST LEDs
You can also expect full support from the NZXT CAM through the N7 B550 motherboard, so you get full monitoring and control of the motherboard, while offering LED light configuration if you are going to go that route yourself on this motherboard. The motherboard can be purchased at this link.
Many thanks to FanOfTech for the tip!