Although the update to Windows October 10, 2018 is still only to trick users (AdDupex says at the end of November under 3 percent of users have it installed), Microsoft is hard at work for follow-up due to next spring.
The Latest Windows 1
File Explorer gets a new icon designed to work better with 19H1's new Light theme. Also when you download items, a new sorting method will show the newest files at the top to make them easier to find.
Start menu enhancements include the ability to loosen groups and folders from the shortcut menu. Some insiders have managed to do this for a while, but now it is available to all.
There have been improvements to the keyboard and console, and Notepad will now notify you if there are no saved changes by displaying a star in the titlebar. It is also now possible to save files in UTF-8 without a byte order, and Insiders can send feedback directly from Notepad.
Other Notepad enhancements include:
- Added support for some more shortcuts:
- Ctrl + Shift + N will open a new Notepad window.
- Ctrl + Shift + S opens the Save As dialog box …
- Ctrl + W closes the current Notepad window.
- Notepad can now open and save files with a path longer than 260 characters, also known as MAX_PATH.
- Fixed an error where Notepad counts lines wrong for documents with very long lines.
- Fix an error there when you select a placeholder file from OneDrive in the File Open dialog, Windows will download the file to determine the encoding.
- Fixed a recent regression where Notepad would no longer create a new file when it was launched with a file path that did not exist.
This building also introduces enhancements to Narrator and adds the option to set up a security key right from Settings that you can use to log on to applications. There are new cursor sizes and colors too, so they should be easier to see.
General changes, improvements, and repairs include:
- Fix a merger conflict that results in the Dynamic Lock settings missing from Log Settings.
- Fixed a problem that resulted in Insiders viewing green screens with incorrect System Service Exception in win32kbase.sys when interacting with certain games and programs in the last two aircraft.
- The Update Block for a Small Number of PCs Using Nuvoton (NTC) TPM Chips with a Specific Firmware Version (126.96.36.199), Due to an Error Causing Windows Hello Face / Biometric / Pin Log Not Working, has been removed as this building contains a solution for the current problem.
- If you have turned off transparency effects, your preference will now be reflected on the login screen.
- Fixed a problem that results in Settings crashes for some Insiders when you click "Check for Updates."
- Fixed a problem that resulted in Settings crashes for someone I nsiders when you go to Settings> Update and Security> Recovery.
- Fixed a problem that causes night light settings to not work and stuck in the latest aircraft.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in an unexpected amount of space between the categories and subcategories in Settings in the latest aircraft.
- Fixed an issue where the folder size was not correctly calculated in the File Explorer Properties dialog when there was a path longer than MAX_PATH involved.
- Fixed a problem that resulted in menu tabouts appears empty when you use the Arabic display language.
- Fixed a problem in which a PDF file was printed in Microsoft Edge, if you cleared some ink quickly after the bleaching session was started, and then more ink was added. When you save the PDF, all ink can not be saved.
- Fixed an issue where the handwriting panel may crash when you use your pen to enter win32 apps in newer buildings.
- Fixed a problem that does not allow you to enter certain tables using the Vietnamese telex keyboard.
- Made some adjustments when text scaling is enabled to emphasize the icon in the Action Center quick scrolls so that the text does not overlap.
- Made some improvements, so if your theme trunking is detected, Microsoft will now handle this more gracefully and not result in unexpectedly thick boundaries around your windows.
- Made some improvements to reduce the number of times you see the error "Windows can not find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the theme?" Appears.
- Updated timeout time when dictating (WIN + H) to be from 5 seconds to 10 seconds to give you some more time to think what you want to say If you want to stop the dictation before then, just say " Stop dictation "or press WIN + H (same as in previous buildings.).
- Fixed a problem on the keyboard keypad, which resulted in unexpected letters from some letters instead of white in dark theme.
- Fixed an issue where the "…" menu in the clipboard history (WIN + V) was cut in newer buildings.
- Fixed a problem when viewing the name of a known file type (one registered under HKCR <.File Extension>) File Explorer will display an empty string for the filename in some cases. If a filename is not available, File Explorer will always display the extension name, even if Show file name extensions are turned off.
- Updated the microphone and camera privacy settings pages to provide information about which cu rrently uses the microphone and camera and the date / time slots have the latest access to the microphone and camera.
- Fixed a problem where magnification did not start automatically even when "start after login setting" for magnification was enabled if tellers were not set to start automatically after login.
- Fixed a problem where magnification did not work with touch when centered mouse mode was enabled.
- Fixed a problem where the narrator would sometimes not start after completing Out of Box Experience (OOBE).
- Fixed the problem that causes the Narrator to start unexpectedly. Microsoft has also made it easier to turn off Narrator when it was unintentionally started.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator Scan mode was not turned off automatically when you focused the Microsoft Office address bar.
- Fixed a problem where the storyteller's headline Navigation skipped any headlines in Chrome.
- Fixed a problem where Narrator reads page uploaded alert multiple times in Chrome.
- Fixed an issue where tellers have not read Edit box spaceholder text in Chrome.
- Fixed a problem that caused the setting page to crash after changing your account password or PIN.
Known issues in this construction include:
- The hyperlink colors must be refined in dark mode in stickers whose insights are enabled.
- Settings crash when you click on the option "Show storage usage on other drives" under System> Storage.
- The Windows Security app may display an unknown status for Virus and Threat Protection, or do not update prope rly.
- Delete previous version of Windows in Configure storage sensor can not be selected causing system slightness or higher than normal CPU usage. This can work around by restarting the computer if it occurs.
- Launch of games using BattlEye anti-cheat trigger an error check (green screen).
- USB printers can be displayed twice in the devices and printers under Control Panel. If you reinstall the printer, solve the problem.