Maneater Downloadable content “Truth Quest” will be released for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on August 31 for $ 14.99 / € 14.99 / £ 12.99, announced publisher and developer Tripwire Interactive.
Here is an overview of downloadable content, via Tripwire Interactive:
With the main role in the titular and developed bull shark̵7;s main character and investigative journalist / narrator Trip Westhaven, Maneater: Truth Quest will take players down the rabbit hole with dark secrets and conspiracies around Port Clovis and the Naval Wildlife Organization (NWO). The original stories of animals growing bones as armor, releasing toxins that eat meat or using electricity as weapons were just old fisherman’s tales. It is to conspiracy theorists everywhere pointed to the original Maneater as a solid proof of a government coverage. Trip Westhaven, driven by the frenzy of madness, launches the ViewTube channel “Truth Quest” to take his followers, “Questers” out into deep waters in an attempt to uncover the dark secrets behind this whale of a story.
Maneater: Truth Quest takes players to a whole new island off the coast of Port Clovis – and comes packed with new evolutions, challenges, wildlife and more! Players will once again take control of marine predators to eat, explore and evolve to the top of the food chain. Those interested in testing the waters can also look forward to a free pilot episode, which shows some of the new targets players can sink their teeth into as they uncover the mysteries below. This pilot episode contains approximately 10 to 15 minutes of play and is intended to give a small taste of what comes with the full version of Maneater: Truth Quest.
- New evolutions
- New evolution set
- Maximum level increased to 40
- Five new organ developments with an extra organ space unlocked at level 35 (requires DLC ownership)
- New wildlife
- The “Uber” Apex Predator
- Newly developed hunting animals
- New military forces for the Bounty Hunter system
- Military land forces will launch attacks from beaches and fortresses
- Helicopters will hunt by plane
- Five new Bounty Bosses
- New weapons and vehicles for military bounty hunters
- New object types
- Lack of communication: Tail-whip objects to destroy the target
- Time Trial: Swim through the rings before time runs out!
Watch a new trailer below.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No break-in comments, including trolling, bait or crap.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes violent, threatening, pornographic, misleading or insulting content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port begging.
- No console war.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.Enter the subject of the content outside the spoiler codes.
- Be respectful of other commentators. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter does not follow this simple label, do not continue the conversation – just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete comments without notice. This comment policy can be changed at any time.