Treyarch has continuously released updates for Black Ops 4 since the game's release on October 12 and today's v1.04 update is no different.
While all eyes were on the multiplayer side of things for the massive update released on October 30, Blackout still received some small but meaningful updates.
As promised during the October 24 update, audio improvements were made to the mode, while some surprising hits to armor were also popped up in the update.
Even after Level 3 Armor was downfed between the beta and official release of Black Ops 4, the item still pretty much made the player a walking tank in Blackout.
While Level 3 Armor will continue to provide a 50% damage reduction to the user, shots taken will now hit a lot harder than before.
Armor now allows more damage to pass through to areas of the body that have damage multipliers, such as the head or upper chest. For example, headshots now do more damage to Level 3 Armor.
In addition to the armor changes, Blackout has received some long-awaited audio improvements that fans have been clamoring for almost since launch:
Not only will the steps of teammates now be quieter, but footsteps for all types of armor will now give better directionality and distance information.
Both changes may seem small, but when dealing with a battle royal where different audio cues can be the difference between life and death, these are massive improvements.
Keeping in line with improving Quads and Duos gameplay, the v1
All in all, these changes may not be as game-changing as the weapon balance passes, but for hardcore fans of Blackout, these will no doubt be much-welcomed changes.
You can read the full list of Blackout updates and improvements below.
- 100-Player Solos added to Featured playlist.
- Maximum player count set to 88 for Duos and Quads.
- Tweaked settings to ensure friendly teammates' footsteps are now quieter than enemy footsteps.
- Adjusted footsteps for all Armor types in first person and third person to give better directionality and distance information.
- Resolved an issue that occasionally caused footsteps to be silent.
- Resolved issues that caused footsteps to become muffled when they should not be.
- ] Armor now allows more damage to pass through to areas of the body that have damage multipliers, such as the head or upper chest. For example, headshots now do more damage against Level 3 Armor.
- Unlocked remaining Specialist Character Missions (Battery, Firebreak, Nomad, Prophet, Ruin, Seraph)
- To tag an item for your teammate, approach the Item and select the bottom center command on your Command Wheel. This will display the Item in text on your team's HUD and highlight the item in the world for your team.
- Increased the brightness of Items when a teammate tags them as "Item Found" via the Command Wheel.
- Increased duration That Items tagged using "Item Found" are displayed in the world to your team.
- Resolved an issue where completing Dark Ops Challenges would not unlock their associated Calling
- Resolved an issue where certain Challenges rewarded the same Calling Card.
- Resolved an issue where the Altimeter could disappear during Infiltration.
- Resolved an issue.