Square Enix has announced a remastered version The legend of Mana for PlayStation 4, Switch and PC (Steam). It launches June 24 for $ 29.99. Pre-orders on PlayStation 4 include 10 avatars and a custom theme, while pre-orders on PC include a custom wallpaper.
Here are the details, via Square Enix:
Players will be able to embark on a mysterious journey in The legend of Mana, set for launch on June 24. Players step into the shoes of the main character, and set out on a journey to find the mysterious Mana tree seen in a dream, only to discover that the world map is empty. Through their adventure, they will acquire special items, which can be placed on the map to bring cities and dungeons to life via the Land Creation system. Players can get through the story in different ways based on the choices they make, and offer a more personal and unique gaming experience.
The legend of Mana comes with remastered graphics, a reorganized soundtrack and “Ring Ring Land”; mini-games that will be available for the West for the first time. During their travels, they encounter a colorful cast of characters, squared against fearsome monsters in real-time combat and explore the vast world of Fa’Diel, all while experiencing The legend of Manaits timeless history.
The legend of Mana was first launched for PlayStation in July 1999.
See the announcement trailer below. See the first screenshots in the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No break-in comments, including trolling, bait or crap posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes violent, threatening, pornographic, misleading or insulting content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port begging.
- No console war.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.Enter the subject of the content outside the spoiler codes.
- Be respectful of other commentators. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter does not follow this simple label, do not continue the conversation – just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete comments without notice. This comment policy can be changed at any time.