PlayStation 4 version of The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Fight is now available through PlayStation Store for $ 14.99 / € 14.99, announced publisher SNK and developer Code Mystics. A physical edition will launch this spring for $ 24.99 / € 34.90.
Here is an overview of the game, via SNK:
As the complete 2009 sequel to the critically acclaimed The king of fighter jets 2002, The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Fight will feature a host of new features on PlayStation 4, including a larger list of 66 playable characters, a graphical overhaul and redesigned capabilities. The game̵7;s online functionality is much smoother this time around thanks to the addition of web code feedback.
- Zero code for reset – The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Fight has updated reversal web code that greatly reduces stored online during matches. Players are able to adjust the settings to enhance their online experiences.
- Quality of Life Online Versus Features – The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Fight includes online features that allow players to study their matches and learn from their mistakes. These include the ability to watch their last 10 online matches, options that enable win / loss counters and cooling down to prevent rematch after a quick match.
- Two unique online modes – Choose between “Rank Match”, where match results are shared and ranked online, and “Player Match”, where fans can set their own versus match settings. Fight to become the true player king on the international stage! The world is yours!
- Impressive list of 66 playable characters – In addition to the original cast of The king of fighter jets 2002, a number of returnees from previous sections of “The Nests Chronicles”, hidden characters, and an exclusive character called “Nameless” join the tournament for the largest list of characters in KOF history.
- Reorganized graphics and background music – Each demo screen, cutscene and winner screen have been completely revised. Furthermore, the game’s soundtrack has been remastered for even more intense battles.
- Numerous new and old movements added – Together with the new features and special features specially created for this title, many old features return in KOF 2002 UM. Furthermore, the game’s mechanics and character abilities have been redesigned.
- Major upgrade of MAX Mode and MX2 – All Desperation Moves in The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Fight can now be canceled at any time via the “MAX Mode” system. “MAX 2” ultimate grip is even more flashy and easier to use.
See the launch trailer below. See a new set of screenshots in the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No break-in comments, including trolling, bait or crap posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes violent, threatening, pornographic, misleading or insulting content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port begging.
- No console war.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.Enter the subject of the content outside the spoiler codes.
- Be respectful of other commentators. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter does not follow this simple label, do not continue the conversation – just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete comments without notice. This comment policy can be changed at any time.