Earlier today, Niantic unveiled its plans for a special raid day with the legendary birds of Kanto. Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno will return on February 28 from 1
This will be the second time in less than ten days where these birds will be the focus of legendary raids. Before this raid day, you will also be able to grab these powerful monsters on February 20 during the Pokemon GO Tour: Kanto.
During the special raid day, the glossy versions of each bird will be available. Do not go down if the Pokémon you are fighting in the raid are not shiny. You will not be able to tell if the one you get is blank until you get to the meeting after completing the raid.
Niantic also revealed the following features for the upcoming raid day:
- We hear reports that Giovanni is returning with another Shadow Legendary Pokémon in his claws. Get ready to complete some new Team GO Rocket Special Research to rescue this Pokémon trainer!
- Pick up a package of three Remote Raid Pass in the store from and including Saturday 27 February at 13.00 Pacific Time until Monday 1 March at 13.00 Pacific Time.
- Earn up to five free Raid Passes by spinning Photo Discs at PokéStops or Gym during event time.
- During the event period, you can use a ChargedTM to help a Shadow Pokémon forget about Charged Attack Frustration.
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will appear more frequently on PokéStops and in balloons throughout the event window.
This probably also points to a new line of research since it is currently impossible to get Super Rocket Radar to fight Giovanni without locking it behind some kind of research mission.
The other big part of this event you want to prepare for is the ability to remove frustration from Shadow Pokemon. These ‘mons’ are extremely powerful, and being able to remove frustration from your movement sets allows you to put an even stronger attack in place.
You can check out the official release of this Kanto raid day from The Pokemon GO Team here.