Apple's iPhone XS Max is large and powerful. But for a man in Columbus, Ohio, the handset became a major problem.
Credit: iDrop News / J. Hillard According to a new report from iDrop News, one said man who has asked to become known as J. Hillard that he had an iPhone XS Max in his pocket and his smartphone was spontaneously used. The smartphone was in a case in the pants pocket at that time and he smelled something "weird" According to the report, he saw a "large amount of heat" and his skin burned. Afterwards, green and yellow smoke came from the iPhone in his pocket. "1
MORE: This could be the iPhone 11's secret weapon
After that, Hillard said he found a hole in his pants his from where the iPhone was and had "pain / irritation in my ham region where the pocket of my pants was located."  It is unclear what might have caused the fire in Hillard's iPhone, but his bill of what happened may indicate that the battery in the iPhone XS Max overheated for some reason, In cases where smartphone batteries overheat and burn, there is often a terrible smell and plenty of yellow smoke, and the pictures he took with his iPhone, which then occurred online, also indicate a possible battery problem
According to Hillard, he went to the Apple Store that night to tell Apple about his problem. The employees there took the phone, according to Hillard, and told him they couldn't do much more for him. complaint and was eventually offered a new handset.
According to the iDrop News report, Hillard said he wants more than just a new iPhone, including new clothes and shoes that replace what has been damaged. He also wants Apple to cover the cost of its wireless service during the period when he didn't have a working iPhone. He is also considering taking a case against Apple.
It is important to remember that this is just an isolated event. But this is just the last bit of bad news for Apple's iPhone XS Max. According to Citi analyst William Yang, whose investor note was previously reported by Reuters, Apple plans to cut its iPhone XS Max production due to lower than expected demand for the handset.