The iOS and iPadOS 15 updates released today introduce several extended widget options, which can be used on the home screen or in the day section of the notification center on iPhone and iPad.
Apple has created several new widgets for Apple products and services, listed below:
- Find my – Track your friends and personal items from ‘Home Screen’.
- Contacts – Includes options for calling, reporting, FaceTime, finding or sending email contacts, and with family sharing you can approve purchases or screen time applications from children.
- Game center The Continue Playing widget shows recently played Game Center games, and a Friends Are Play widget shows the games your friends are playing.
- App Store – The App Store module shows stories, collections and new options for events in the app on the “Home screen”.
- Sleep – Shows data about how you slept and allows you to evaluate your sleep plan.
- Mail – Displays your last email in an instant and gives you access to one of your mailboxes.
In iPadOS 15, idwidgets on the iPad mirror widgets on the iPhone and can be placed anywhere on the Home screen for the first time, instead of being limited to a specific widget block.
Apple has also added a new standard widgets feature that shows a standard layout with widgets from the apps you use most arranged in Smart Stacks, plus there are new intelligent widget options.
Suggested widgets from the apps you use are displayed in Smart Stack at the right time based on previous app usage activity, and you can now reorganize Smart Stacks.