Intel has released the first official graphics driver for its Rocket Lake processors with Iris Xe integrated GPUs. At launch, the Rocket Lake series was the first desktop family to feature the brand new Iris Xe (Xe-LP) graphics architecture, but it took Intel a few days before official driver support landed for them.
Intel Iris Xe GPUs on Rocket Lake Desktop CPUs Get the First Official Graphics Driver Support
Well, Intel has finally released the graphics drivers for the Iris Xe GPUs featured on Rocket Lake processors. 126.96.36.19916 is 426 MB in size, but the more interesting part is that the date it was listed is March 3, 2021. This suggests that while the support for Intel Rocket Lake Desktop processors is new, the driver itself is not technically different from the which are already available for Iris Xe GPUs. Intel only added support for Rocket Lake processors to the existing driver package and called it a day, and that makes sense considering that all Iris Xe chips are essentially based on the same Xe-LP GPU architecture.
– Lisa Pearce (@gfxlisa) April 3, 2021
The following are the release notes for the Intel graphics driver itself:
- Loose for crash set when starting Outriders * on Intel Iris Xe Max graphics.
- Improvements to the game load time for Death Stranding *
- Stability fixes for DaVinci Solve * on Intel Iris Xe Max graphics.
- Improvements to the game load time for Death Stranding* on Intel Iris Xe graphics.
- Support for New Level Zero loader layer tracing API.
Install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, which automatically checks for drivers regularly and can provide alerts when new drivers are available. This is a DCH driver. Click for more details about DCH drivers
Supported OS versions
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – Fall Creators Update (1709) (RS3)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – April 2018 Update (1803) (RS4)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – October 2018 update (1809) (RS5)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – May 2019 Update (1903) (19H1)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – November 2019 Update (1909) (19H2)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – May 2020 Update (2004) (20H1)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64 – October 2020 Update (20H2)
Platform (OS support)
- 6th generation core processor family (Codename Skylake) (RS3 +)
- 7th Generation Core Processor Family (Codename Kaby Lake) (RS3 +)
- 8th Generation Core Processor Family (Codename Kaby Lake-R, Coffee Lake) (RS3 +)
- 9th Generation Core Processor Family (Codename Coffee Lake-R) (RS3 +)
- Apollo Lake (RS3 +)
- Amber Lake (RS3 +)
- Gemini Lake (RS3 +)
- Whiskey Lake (RS3 +)
- Comet Lake (RS3 +)
- 10th Generation Codename Ice Lake Family (RS3 +)
- Core Processor with Intel Hybrid Technology (Codename Lakefield) (19H2 +)
- Pentium Processor Family (Codename Jasper Lake) (19H2 +)
- Celeron Processor Family (Codename Jasper Lake) (19H2 +)
- Gen Intel Core Processor Family (Code Name Tiger Lake) (19H2 +)
- Iris Xe Dedicated Graphics Family (Code Name DG1) (20H1 +)
- 11th generation Intel Core processor family (Codename Rocket Lake) (20H2 +)
If you are running an Intel Rocket Lake Desktop CPU and using the Iris Xe chip in some way, it is important that you have these drivers installed. You can download them here.