Huawei's Mate 20 Pro is here. It's a high-end flagship phone to go up to the Google Pixel 3 XL and iPhone XS Max, with a $ 1049 prize (priced at £ 899 in the UK and equivalent to $ 1,220).
The Chinese answering machine is a big deal, although it does not completely brag the brand recognition of Samsung or Apple. It is the second largest smartphone maker in the world, behind Samsung, and has made huge expenses to create beautiful flagship devices.
You may already know Huawei's P Series, an impressive array of Android phones updated earlier this year. Now it's Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro year-end.
Here are the coolest new features on Mate 20 Pro :
- Qi-compatible phone-to-phone wireless charging, which in plain English means you can charge an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy phone wirelessly by place it against a Mate 20 Pro.
- Huawei lets you unlock your phone with your face through a face detection feature similar to an iPhone.
- There is also fingerprint detection on the screen, which works smoothly in the first place.
- A Leica-powered triple lens camera tracks intelligent photography, has real-time filtering filters, allowing you to capture stunning ultra-wide and close-ups.
- It starts with Android 9 Pie out of the box.
- It's than iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
Business Insider spent a few days with Mate 20 Pro. Here's what we took away from a first look.