Your security is critical to a positive browsing experience, and Google is constantly pushing updates to Chrome to keep you safe from malicious websites. Some security flaws inevitably fall through the cracks – a reminder that you should always use the latest version of Chrome. It’s a recently discovered Chrome exploit that is being actively exploited today, and while Google immediately released a solution for it, there̵
How to update Chrome
Google made it clear in its announcement yesterday that Chrome users should update right now to stay safe. Your device should automatically download Chrome 91.0.4472.164, but if not, you can do so:
Chrome for desktop platforms
- Click on the three-point menu on the right side of the browser.
- Hover over “Help”.
- Tap “About Chrome”.
- Wait for Chrome to receive the update from Google. Restart the browser when it does.
Chrome for Android
You can update Chrome either through the Google Play Store or by downloading the latest update from APKMirror. To update your browser from the Google Play Store:
- Launch the Google Play Store.
- Tap your profile picture in the search box (with the old layout, press the “hamburger” button.)
- Tap Manage apps and devices.
- Press “Update All.”
Google will soon release an updated version of Chrome OS 91 to Chromebooks with these security updates. Be safe out there, folks.