It’s easy to take Spotify for granted – at low streaming speeds or lack of internet connection that prevents you from listening to any songs or obtain your favorite podcast. Fortunately, Spotify now allows you too download music and podcasts to your smartphone or computer so you can keep listening even when you are not offline. The alternative comes in handy if you are on the go a long drive through areas with spotted mobile service. Listening to downloaded content instead of streaming it from Spotify̵
You can download content from Spotify’s Android, iOS, Mac and Windows apps, or from the Spotify web player, but download permissions vary between account types:
- Premium Spotify users can download complete playlists and podcast episodes.
- Free users can download podcasts.
Unfortunately, Spotify does not allow you to download the entire album or even specific traces; yYou need to save the songs you want to download to a playlist first. That said, yYou can download as many playlists and podcasts as your device’s storage allows.
Downloaded content will stay in your offline Spotify library for as long as you like, but you must connect to Spotify’s server at least once every 30 days to verify your account status. If you do not, you will have access to downloaded songs will expire on date.
How to download audio content from Spotify
On the desktop (Mac, Windows, web)
- Open the Spotify desktop app, or go to open.spotify.com.
- Log in and make sure your device is connected to the internet.
- To download music: Open a playlist and turn on “Download” button on. s
- To download a podcast: Click the down arrow button next to the episode name.
- Wait for the download (s) to complete. Downloaded content is stored in your library and displays a green arrow.
If you do not yet see the download option on your desktop application, make sure you are running the most up-to-date version of the app you can get. And then wait; at the time of writing, Spotify is still rolling out function.
Mobile (Android, iOS)
- Open the Spotify app and make sure you are connected to wifi or mobile data (Note: Dself-load over mobile will affect the mobile plan data limits.)
- Open a playlist or podcast you want to download.
- On Android: Press “Download” switch.
- On iOS: Press the down arrow icon.
- Downloaded songs and podcasts display a green check mark. You can access all offline content from “Your library” category.