How to complete the spring collection challenge.
The Spring in Spring event has started in Pokémon Go, which gives us both Spring in Spring Collection Challenge and exclusive field research assignments.
As the name suggests, Collection Challenges involves hunting and capturing a specific list of Pokémon related to the theme of the event, which in this case is ours.
These Pokémon are found in the wild by winning raids, completing field research missions and other activities. Once you have captured all the necessary Pokémon, you will be able to collect a number of useful rewards.
On this page:
List of Pokémon and Rewards for Spring in Spring Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
Spring to Spring Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go gives you the task of catching 10 Pokémon which, however, are loosely linked to spring.
Here are the Pokémon you need to catch for the Spring to Spring Collection Challenge:
- Exeggcute (in nature)
- Shadow Exeggcute (Team Go Rocket Grunts – ‘Are you afraid of psychics with unseen power?’)
- Buneary (in nature and field research assignments)
- Bunnelby (in nature and one-star raid)
- Plusle (in nature)
- Minun (in nature)
- Flower Crown Pikachu (in nature and one-star raid)
- Diggersby (evolution that requires Bunnelby candy)
- Azumarill (field research missions and three-star raid)
- Flower Crown Chansey (in nature and field research assignments)
Completing the Spring in Spring Collection Challenge will reward you with 2500 XP, 50 Lopunny Mega Energy and a lucky egg.
Tips for completing the Spring in Spring Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
Here are some tips to help you capture each Pokémon for the Spring to Spring Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go:
- If you have trouble finding one of the Pokémon for Collection Challenge, try using an incense to bring the Pokémon to the site.
- Make sure you keep an eye on both invaded PokéStop and Team Go Rocket balloons in your quest to find Shadow Exeggcute and don’t forget to collect some potions too!
- Placing a magnetic lure module on a PokéStop will help you find both Plusle and Minun.
- If you have an extra Remote Raid pass, you can use it to fight Bunnelby, Flower Crown Pikachu or Azumarill in a raid wherever you are.
- Collecting and completing the exclusive Spring to Spring field research quests will bring you encounters with a variety of Pokémon from the Collection Challenge.
The Season of Legends is here! With that comes an increase in the level cap – including the addition of XL Candy, the Legacy 40 Challenge quest and boost to some XP sources – Platinum medals, the arrival of Gen 6 Pokémon as Espurr and changes in the Go Battle League We have recently seen the addition of ‘Strange’ red eggs and new Arlo, Cliff, Sierra and Giovanni lineups.
Field survey for the Spring to Spring event in Pokémon Go
There will be a number of exclusive field research missions available during the Spring to Spring event in Pokémon Go. Although these tasks will only be available during the event itself, you can save them in your field research collection and complete them when the event ends.
Below you can find field research assignments in the spring to spring along with the benefits:
- Catch 25 Exeggcute reward – Flower Crown Chansey meeting
- Catch 15 Exeggcute reward – Azumarill meeting
- Fang 5 Exeggcute Reward – Flower Crown Eevee or Buneary encounter
- Win 2 raids reward – Ruffled encounter
- Use an incense reward – Flower Crown Chansey meeting
Thanks to SilphScience from reddit for the help with this information!
Everything else you need to know about the Spring in Spring event in Pokémon Go
Apart from the new Collection Challenge and exclusive field research, the Spring into Spring event in the Pokémon Go release of Mega Lopunny is coming.
This normal and combat type Mega Evolution appears in Mega Raids throughout the event, giving you plenty of time to gather Mega Energy for Mega Evolve a Lopunny of your own.
Nor would it be a real Spring in Spring event in Pokémon Go without everyone’s favorite costume, the flower crown, appearing.
Flower Crown Pichu, Pikachu and Eevee have all returned to either nature or the eggs, while the Chansey evolutionary line has also received its crown.
You can hatch the Happinys flower crown from 2 km of eggs and catch the Chanseys flower crown in nature. If you decide to develop one of these Chanseys flower crowns, you will receive a Blissey flower crown. (We deserve a separate Pokémon storage for the flower crown Pokémon …)
There will also be a number of spring-themed Pokémon that appear more often in the wild, including:
- Flower crown Pikachu
- Flower crown Chansey
You can even find the shiny version of Bunnelby!
Finally, the 2 km egg pool will continue the following Pokémon:
- Flower crowns Eevee
- Flower crown Pichu
- Flower Crown Happiny
How the Spring in Spring Collection Challenge works in Pokémon Go
Collection Challenges in Pokémon Go was released in January 2021 and runs alongside certain in-game events. Each collection challenge will see you capture a number of Pokémon that, thanks to the event, appear more often in the wild.
After completing the Collection Challenge by capturing all the necessary Pokémon, you will be rewarded with a variety of items and progress to the Elite Collector Medal.
The Spring to Spring Collection Challenge runs alongside the Spring in Spring event and will be available from Sunday 4 April at 10 am (local time) to Thursday 8 April at 8 pm (local time).
Collection challenges can be found in ‘Today View’, which you can access by pressing the field research button (the small binoculars) at the bottom right of the screen. Depending on whether you have looked at your current field or special research assignments, you may need to scroll to the left.
After accessing ‘Today View’, you will find a list of Pokémon you need to complete the Collection Challenge. Catching a Pokémon in the Collection Challenge cock will check the list to keep track of which ones you have captured and which ones you have not.
Remember – Collection Challenge must be completed before the associated event ends and it disappears forever.
Good luck adding the Spring Event Collection Challenge to the Elite Collector Medal!