The HomePod software update is relatively small and adds Siri support for Cantonese and Mandarin in China and a Cantonese dialect in Hong Kong ahead of HomePod's release in these regions in early 2019. In addition, the LEDs on top of HomePod will now highlight during Group FaceTime calls.
The new HomePod software will be automatically installed on HomePod when updated to iOS 1
Shortcuts 2.1.2, a free update on the App Store, contains a new "Post to Tumblr" action, iCloud sync enhancements, location enhancements, and a long list of bug fixes per Apple Release Notes:
- Fixed a problem where the display as describes which apps and services are used by a shortcut does not appear when you download a shortcut
- Fixed an issue that caused shortcuts with Open App or Play Sound actions to fail when Siri is used to run shortcuts
- Fixed a problem where Repeat with any action shortcuts can freeze when they run from the widget or the Library tab
- Fixed a problem where Phone Number action may not understand phone numbers that contain commas (breaks) or have long extension codes
- Fixed a problem where the Vis wizard action may not work when running from the Today View module on the lock screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Add new reminder feature does not work when a time or place is not specified
- Fixed an issue where Send Payment Action may not seem to be done when you make Apple Pay Cash
- Fixed an issue where the default response date for request requests would not support 24-hour time
- Fixed a problem where the Get Name of Emoji action showed the emoji name in English when the device is set to another language
- Fixed an issue where some shortcuts may display an error message when they run from Search
- Fixed an issue where shortcuts may fail to download web pages with long Unicode titles
- Fixed a Problem in which the Run Editorial Workflow Action Does not Make a Result
Last week MacRumors revealed that the published version of watchOS 5.1.2 will enable ECG functionality on Apple Watch Series 4 models, but there is None sign up for the software update so far today.