How To Avoid It
No Man's Sky Finally Becomes A Widespread Recognition. Almost two years after the launch, Hello Games finally formed No Man's Sky into the game as most of all originally wanted. It has been quite a redemption story.
However, it is not all smooth sailing. No Man's Sky: Next The update has a nasty mistake that deletes storing files. When affected players load the game, the correct amount of hours are played, but they are only dumped on a new planet with an "Initializing" screen. All progress will be deleted, and a new game will appear.
It stems from a feature that's new to No Man's Sky . Earlier, repair of broken technology would require all materials to be used at the same time. Now you can use what you have, go out to get more and come back to finish the job. But people who make use of this new feature are those who are affected by deleted storage.
Hello game was quick to identify the problem and come up with a solution. It is about to deploy a hotfix on PC. The plaster is live on the game's experimental branch on Steam right now; Once proven to be stable, it will be implemented on all active servers. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One support are on its way, but it takes some time since these patches must pass each platform's certification process.
In the meantime this is where you should do if you find yourself exposed to this error: Do not make your game . Although your progress appears to be gone, all data is still retained in your storage file. The only way to delete is if you overwrite it by saving. Additionally, it's not a terrible idea to make a copy of your storage file on an external USB. You can not count on cloud savings because they are updated automatically. It takes a long time and much commitment to make remarkable progress through No Man's Sky . This is definitely a "better safe than sorry" type of situation.
Here are the full update notes No Man's Sky Patch 1
Recent Changes on Experimental (July 26):
- Fixed a problem where players who saved after partially repaired some technological parts, could not download the storage room. Please note that if the game has not been resaved, no progress has been lost and will be restored.
- Fixed a crash caused by memory crime
- Fixed a crash in the animation system
- Fixed a crash when stored on a freighter
- Fixed a crash when fleet expeditions end without their capital ship present
- Fixed a number of memory leaks
- Fixed a problem where multiplayer distortion could cause players to spy on a planet instead of in space  Fixed a problem where shipping bases would be in the wrong position
- Fixed a problem where the construction menu could crash if it did not was something available to build
- Fixed a problem where players could not crawl during the antimatter stage of the education
- Fixed a problem where the mission destination would be mistakenly reported as in another system in the Hermetic Seal phase of the education
- Fixed a problem where upgrade modules were installed in the main export in Ventory would not be saved properly.
- Fixed a problem where portable refiners located close to each other would share inventory
- Fixed a problem where the cockpit of any ship would continuously open and close
- Fixed a problem where new controls were Missing from the control panel
This is an addition to the repairs that were already distributed to the experimental branch July 25:
- Fix a crash in creation routines
- Fix a crash when more players put ammunition into a refiner  Fix for occasional crash when you receive mission rewards
- Solve crashes by adjusting anisotropic filtering settings in the Graphics Options menu
- Solve potential crashes in geometric streaming
- AMD GPU's texture crashes
- Fixed a problem where some players still had physical nanites in their inventory that could not be used for suppliers
- Granted players nanites reach them Unleash their Outdated Technology – Spends Nanites on New Upgrades in Space Stations
- Compiled a training assignment to guide players through the restoration of their old base
- Fixed a problem where players could not build Frigate Terminals in Creative Mode
- Solved a problem in which S-Class Ship changed appearance
- Solved a problem where players could not build Base Cache on their shipping boats to get compensation for their shipping base loss
- Fixed a problem where some Exosuit technology was not converted to Outdated technology . Please note that this does not apply with reversal to save games that have already been upgraded.
- Improved mapping of old substances into new substances during storage upgrade. Please note that this does not apply with reversal to save games that have already been upgraded.
NEXT Latest Experimental Build 26/07 [Steam]
You are logged out. Sign In | Sign up