After a few weeks of beta testing, Samsung today officially started its Android Pie rollout that begins with the Galaxy S9. Only a few hours after that, the company has posted a complete roadmap of when to expect Android Pie updates on various Samsung devices over the next few months. Here's what you need to know.
The Best Gifts for Android Users
Confirmed directly in the Samsung member's app (via SamMobile ), the company has verified a roadmap for Android Pie updates on over 20 different devices. It includes various smartphones of all price points, as well as some tablets as well. This roadmap starts by repeating the Galaxy S9 / + updates in January. Of course, things have started a little early, though.
This roadmap also mentions that note 9 will not see the update until February. Considering it was a couple of weeks between S9's beta program launch and note 9, which makes sense. From there, we also see the Galaxy S8 and Note 8 getting updates in March 2019.
It seems that Samsung is planning to deliver Android Pie updates through 2019. Galaxy Tab A 10.5 picks up the update last October along with some other Samsung -pills. The full roadmap is listed below, and it is unclear at the moment whether any other Samsung devices are slated to get Android Pie updates.
- Galaxy S9 + (January 2019)
- Galaxy Note 9 February 2019)
- Galaxy S8 (March 2019)
- Galaxy S8 + (March 2019)
- Galaxy S9 + (March 2019)
- Galaxy Note 8 (March 2019)
- Galaxy A8 2018 (April 2019)
- Galaxy A8 + 2018 (April 2019))
- Galaxy A7 2018 (April 2019)
- Galaxy A9 2018 (April 2019)  Galaxy Tab S4 10.5 (April 2019)
- Galaxy J4 (May 2019)
- Galaxy J4 + (May 2019)
- Galaxy J6 (May 2019)
- Galaxy J6 + (May 2019)
- ] Galaxy A8 Star (May 2019)
- Galaxy J7 2017 (July 2019)
- Galaxy J7 Duo (August 2019)
- ] [Galaxy Tablet 3] (September 2019)
- Galaxy Tablet 2017 (September 2019)  Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 (September 2019)
- Galaxy Tab A 2017 (October 2019)
- Galaxy Tab Active2 (October 2019)  Gala xy Tab A 10.5 (October 2019)
More about Samsung Android Pie updates:
- Official Android Pie updated ering now rolling out to the Galaxy S9 family in some regions
- Samsung One UI w / Android Pie beta now available for the Galaxy S9 / S9 + in the US, here's how to get it
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android Pie / One UI beta now available in the US, here's how to sign up
Check out 9to5Google on YouTube for more news: