If you want to start 2021 with a renewed focus on fitness, the Apple Watch is a great tool to help you on your journey. In addition to the native features, such as motion ring and workout tracking, there are also a number of third-party apps to enhance the Appel Watch training experience. Here are some of the favorites on the Apple Watch.
Smart Gym is an app that offers a variety of pre-built workouts and exercises that you can start directly from the Apple Watch. The app also uses the latest watchOS 7 features, such as support for multiple complications on the same dial.
Regular users can create their own routines, access more than 100 pre-made workouts, carefully created by professionals, or use artificial intelligence + machine learning to create customized workouts for them. They can then start a workout and log each exercise, comment on any changes and easily track progress.
SmartGym is available on the App Store as a free download with in-app purchases. The app is a great way to complement the Apple Watch training experience with additional tools, programming, routines and more.
Liftr – Workout Tracker
Liftr is a powerful indie app for iPhone and Apple Watch with a focus on tracking strength training. The app is designed to help you track your lifting progress across different exercises. Features include:
- Switch quickly between your workouts, see beautiful charts and follow important goals
- Add from a database of 240+ exercises and 150+ great animations, or add your own exercises
- Create reusable templates with your routines
- A refined journal and editing for workout sets, reps and supersets. Now with the ability to specify between warm-ups, normal sets and more advanced types like Myo-Reps and more!
- See progress for exercises and strength over time with graphs, charts and personal records built-in
- Apple Watch app to track full strength workouts, support for iCloud backup, custom app icons, rest hours and more!
Liftr is available in the App Store for $ 1.99.
Nike Run Club
If you want to start running as a habit in 2021, the Nike Run Club is a great way to start. The app offers a number of useful tools for those who are experienced runners or completely new to the sport. There are guided races, challenges, social functions and much more.
Nike Run Club has the tools you need to run better, including GPS running tracking; sound-controlled races; weekly, monthly and customized distance challenges; customized coaching plans for your goals; and non-stop motivation from your friends. Reach your goals and have fun along the way with the Nike Run Club.
Nike Run Club is a free app in the App Store. It has been a staple in the Apple Watch fitness apps category for years.
Streaks is one of my favorite apps for iPhone and Apple Watch, making it easy to manage any kind of habit or routine. Streaks Workout takes a similar approach, but with a focus entirely on fitness and training. Streaks Workout offers a collection of exercises that can be performed anywhere and everywhere, regardless of equipment.
You can start workouts using the Streaks Workout app from Apple Watch and track data like your heart rate and more.
- 30 equipment-free exercises to choose from
- Create custom exercises
- 4 different training lengths (approx. 6, 12, 18 or 30 minutes)
- Create custom workouts
- Plays training music (requires Apple Music subscription)
- Saves workouts in the Health app
- See your training history
Streaks Workout is available on the App Store for $ 3.99 without in-app purchases.
7 minutes training
For those looking for a quick workout, 7 Minute Workout is a fun app that provides a daily workout with a high intensity range that requires no equipment. The app groups 12 high-intensity exercises in body weight of 30 seconds per exercise, with 10 seconds of rest between exercises.
You can start your workouts directly from Apple Watch, and everything is related to HealthKit. 7 Minute Workout is a free download with in-app purchases on the App Store.
Strava has been a staple in the training environment for many years, and it fully embraces the Apple Watch. From the Strava app for the Apple Watch, you can track your progress and training for running, swimming and cycling.
- Tracks and analyzes: Get key statistics such as distance, pace, speed, altitude and calorie consumption
- New routes and maps: Mix your training with the world’s largest trail network
- Challenge and compete: Push yourself with monthly challenges and compete with others
Download Strava for free from the App Store with in-app purchases.
If you’re looking for a fun way to track your steps with the Apple Watch, Pedometer ++ is a great option. The app offers a variety of ways to stay motivated, including challenges, goals and more. It also collects data such as walking distance, active calories and heart rate information.
You can download Pedometer ++ for free in the App Store with an in-app purchase to remove ads.
Pocket Yoga brings a variety of yoga exercises directly to your wrist. The app offers 27 different yoga classes with options for all training levels, including detailed photos and guidance for new users.
With Pocket Yoga you can follow the training at your own pace in the comfort of home. Just roll out your mat, place the device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through the entire session. Choose from 27 different sessions with varying duration and degree of difficulty. Learn the poses with the bag dictionary which contains detailed explanations of proper posture, adjustment and benefits.
Pocket Yoga is available in the App Store as a one-time purchase of $ 2.99.
Zones for training
Zones is a powerful Apple Watch application that monitors your training intensity and helps you visualize it. The app shows your training intensity using your heart rate in real time, with four different heart rate zones to understand your training intensity:
- Peak – to improve performance and speed.
- Cardio – to improve cardio endurance.
- Fat Burning – For Longer Exercise. Uses predominantly fat for energy.
- Warm up – For preparation and recovery.
Zones for Training is available in the App Store as a free download with in-app purchases.
These are just some of our favorite recommendations for fitness apps on the Apple Watch. As the Apple Watch platform has matured in recent years, more and more training applications have come on the scene.
- WorkOutDoors – Advanced training app that shows a detailed vector map while you train
- HealthView – Access health app data on Apple Watch and with complications
- CARROT Fit – 7 minute workout with classic CARROT snark
- Tempo for Runners – running and walking log to track trends and performance
- Runkeeper – Run tracking and mapping with GPS features and more
- Gymaholic Workout Tracker – Track workouts in various categories, including weightlifting and bodyweight movements.
What are your favorite apps on the Apple Watch? Let us know if you have any recommendations below in the comments!
FTC: We automatically use affiliate links for revenue. More.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: