Obsidian’s survival game Grounded has been updated on all platforms to address a variety of issues raised by the community and more. The new 0.8.1 update is now out on Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S and PC, and the update notes are described below.
From now on, bases built on specific objects will no longer return an unsupported error when you try to load them. In addition, melee and distance attacks should now be recorded more as they should, while you should experience less delay and hitching when looking at buildings. Furthermore, all backpacks that escape the gaming world will now sync with you.
Outside of these solutions, Grounded̵
There are also some UI changes. Hammer build icons are now part of the “Toggle Trail Marker and Backpack” icon actions, while the “Eat / Drink or Die” warning along with the breathalyzer should no longer be stuck on the screen after you respond.
You can see the full list of note notes below, shared by Obsidian. The Microsoft-owned studio’s next project is RPG Avowed, set in the Pillars of Eternity universe.
Grounded bug fixes – all platforms
MAIN COMMON QUESTIONS
- Bases built on specific objects will no longer be considered “unsupported” by load and will not collapse after modification.
- Clients will no longer accidentally fail to register melee and attack.
- Reduced delay / hitching when looking at buildings in large bases.
- Backpacks that fall through the world for clients will eventually sync back to the right host position.
- Trail Marker for BURG.L Quest: “Weed Killer Peak” will now be in the right place if it already existed in your world.
GOODS / EQUIPMENT / RESOURCES
- Stuffed insects can again be placed on furniture.
- Bees are not so clumsy around flowers and will thus release pollen less often.
- Hoops hair and other dangling pieces on the breastplate should behave more appropriately in Photo mode.
- Hammer build icons are now included in the “Toggle Trail Marker and Backpack Icons” action.
- The breathalyzer and the “Eat / Drink or Die” warning elements no longer stick to the screen after respawning.
- “[Type] Tools required “warning no longer overlaps the harvesting resource name on the HUD.
- Reset the new day base music is changed back to night music to continue working on this for a future update.
GameSpot can get commissions from retail offers.