miHoYo will release a native PlayStation 5 version of the free-to-play RPG for the open world Genshin Impact this spring, the developer announced.
The PlayStation 5 version has higher image quality, performance and further development, including upgraded textures across all parts of the game, support for 4K resolution and faster loading times that allow players to enjoy a more seamless experience when traveling between game environments.
“PlayStation 5 is an ideal platform to enhance the vast open world with Genshin Impact, so that the team can incorporate more thoughts and ideas into the game, both now and in the future, ”said miHoYo President Forrest Liu in a press release. “Therefore, we have been working to bring the original PlayStation 5 version of the game to our players as soon as we could.”
Genshin Impact is now available for PlayStation 4, PC, iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play. A Switch version is also planned.
Watch the PlayStation 5 announcement trailer below. See the new key artwork in the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No break-in comments, including trolling, bait or crap posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes violent, threatening, pornographic, misleading or insulting content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No begging.
- No console war.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.Enter the subject of the content outside the spoiler codes.
- Be respectful of other commentators. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter does not follow this simple label, do not continue the conversation – just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete comments without notice. This comment policy can be changed at any time.