A Samsung Galaxy Note 9 spontaneously caught four inside a New York women's purse earlier this month, according to a lawsuit.
Real estate agent Diane Chung says in her lawsuit she was using the new handset on Sept. 3 when it suddenly became "extremely hot," the New York Post reported Saturday. Chung stopte met behulp van de telefoon en plaatste het in haar tas maar snel hoorde ze een "whistling and screeching sound", en ze merkte op een dikke rook "uit haar tasje, de krant zegt de rechtszaak alleges.
Chung zegt in haar rechtszaak ze heeft de telefon ved at tømme her på en elevatorbænke, men de fire ikke stoppede før en forbundsbare hentede håndsættet med et klut, og satte det i en buket eller vand, tidningsrapporter.
The incident alleged in Chung's lawsuit is reminiscent of the Galaxy Note 7 nightmare Samsung experienced two years ago. In 201
Some of the original batteries were found to have been constructed improperly and got a little squished, while some of The replacements were missing insulation tape and / or had sharp metal bits that punched through. To avoid future problems, the company created an eight-point inspection process for its batteries that, Samsung said, goes "well above and beyond the industry standard."
"The battery in the Galaxy Note 9 is safer than ever," DJ Koh, head of Samsung's mobile business, said last month, according to The Investor.
Samsung representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Chung's lawsuit but told the Post that it had not received any reports of similar incidents involving Note 9 and was investigating the matter.
Security: Stay up-to-date on the latest in breaches, hacks, fixes and all those cybersecurity issues that keep you up at night.
Blockchain Decoded: CNET looks at the tech powering bitcoin – and soon, too, a myriad of services that will change your life.