Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is designed to be the company's flagship, but if you choose to upgrade or not just depends on whether your device is doing more about work or games. And your budget too. If you are a corporate manufacturer for more productivity and the ability to use your smartphone as desktop and point-free as a remote, Note 9 is worth seeing. However, Samsung did not add enough to note 9 to become the regular flagship that leaders wanted so much before Apple's iPhone event.
Also: Best Mobile Phone Purchasing Options for iPhone, Android and Windows Phones CNET | Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is here! Get Specifications, Price, Sales Date and More in Real Time
Yes, Fortnite as an exclusive to Note 9 is an interesting campaign for regular buyers, but the device is about specifications and productivity.
Also: Enter your current phone | Samsung Galaxy Note 9: A cheating plate TechRepublic
And so it's the price. You pay for the advanced specification for Galaxy Note 9. Preorders for Galaxy Note 9 start August 1
The best deals we can find can save you as much as $ 450, but the savings are usually linked to bundles. Finally, if you go all-in on Galaxy Note 9, it may come down to vanity, and if you think bigger (1TB even) is really better.
Samsung: Sign up to reserve the next Galaxy | The New, Super Powerful Galaxy Note 9
DJ Koh, president of Samsung's mobile communications business, said at the Unpacked 2018 in Brooklyn that the note was designed to break through barriers. Koh said that note 9 is designed to be the "strongest mobile device."
Viewing the question "Should I upgrade" through the service box is particularly important given Android competition and a premium price Samsung would argue is reasonable. Simply put, you can get Android devices with more frequent Android updates too much less than note 9. To get value out of note 9, you must be a fan of S Pen, productivity and what it brings to the table. You must also appreciate these S-pen upgrades enough to replace last year's Note 8.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 picks a wallop because it's designed to also provide a DeX desktop experience.
- Note 9 has a full-time 4000mAh battery. It is Samsung's largest battery in the product portfolio. Galaxy Note 9: What does "all-day battery" mean?
- Samsung doubled storage to 128GB at base level and available at 512GB. And it's a microSD card slot to add more than 1TB of storage on your device.
- Note 9 has a 33 percent bump in CPU performance and 23 percent gain in GPU performance compared to note 8.
- Samsings DeX platform can connect the phone to a monitor and keyboard via a USB-C to HDMI adapter.
- The intelligent camera includes error detection and also has a neural network on note 9 to recognize context and settings and adjust for scenes. The front camera is 8MP, and the two rear cameras are 12MP each. Samsung chose to improve the software and machine learning behind the camera in Note 9. The cameras in Note 9 are an improvement on Note 8, but they are basically the same as the Galaxy S9 setup.
- A wireless charging station uses an outlet and can charge two devices (presumably a Samsung phone and smartwatch).
- S Penen has Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), so it can function as a remote control within 10 meters. The S pen is loaded when you insert it into the smartphone and the battery is fully charged in less than 40 seconds. BLE allows S Pen to control the camera by default and other programs based on your preferences.
- Available colors for the new phone include Ocean Blue, Lavender Purple, Metallic Copper and Midnight Black.
However, Galaxy Note 9 does not see anything different from Galaxy Note 8. There are some design changes, especially with the fingerprint scanner, and a slightly thinner frame.
Samsung keeps the fingerprint scanner and fingerprint sensor but moves it underneath the camera. Samsung also has its iris biometric system.
Note 8 has a fingerprint scanner and sensor together with the camera and it can be difficult after repeated use.
The company was largely in the same design as Note 8, which was a major launch that put the Note 7 battery in the rearview mirror. Galaxy Note 8 was well received and even created some flagship confusion when the Galaxy S9 was launched.
Samsung Note 9 is primarily designed as a business tool, but tries to extend its reach. With a memory card, note 9 can get more than one terabyte of storage. The unit also has 8 GB of memory in height. Base Note 9 has 128GB of storage and 6GB of memory. These specifications make note 9 for a mini laptop.
Also: Samsung marries new Galaxy Tab S4 with DeX for productivity improvement | Samsung DeX 101: Turning a Galaxy Phone to Your Primary Computer
But these specifications are only important if you need the calculation used for DeX, which can now serve a large screen presentation while allowing read your notes on the smartphone. These specifications also affect the storage of images and PowerPoints. Note 9 in the storage function means that it can also serve as a portable hard drive in many cases.
Also: Nine Reasons Why Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Is Best For Business
The real winner of Note 9 is S Pen. You can now use it as a remote control for the camera, gallery, office, and other applications that come with your phone. A S Pen software developer package will enable businesses to customize the stylus for other applications – say Salesforce, SAP or Oracle app.
Samsung S Pen SDK lands in September and can lead to more work-related cases. Are you going to upgrade? I'm breaking that decision now. I am a Notebook customer and has note 8. It looks like it attracts on Note 9.
- The Bluetooth S pen, which makes the pen more than a writing tool.
- Intelligent camera enhancements that automatically refine images based on context and scenes.
- DeX is an advanced piece, but its programs are not mature enough to replace my desktop or computer. DeX, however, comes.
Upload it and note 9 is worth a look if you did not get to the Note 8 cycle, delivering a variety of presentations and as a remote for photography. As a productivity device, Samsung's Note 9 is enticing.
Prosumer / Consumer Choice
While Samsung's Note 9 offers many improvements, you can even talk about Knox 3.2 for the IT department if you want – the common tech buyer has a lot harder to call.
First, let's dispense with the idea that technical buyers as a lot should switch platforms. It's a basic platform scale – you're locked into an ecosystem. Despite the witty Samsung advertisements, most people will not jump from Apple's iOS or iPhone to Android and Samsung.
With the reality out of the way, Samsung's Note 9 is a premium device competing with Android rivals offering strong hardware, clean Android and low prices.
And that's the catch. Samsung executives on the company's latest earnings call confirmed that the announcement of the 9th launch was moved to support the demand from the Galaxy S9 sales, which was decreasing. Unless you're in love with S Pen, it's hard to imagine the average person who buys the note over the S9 Plus, which will be discounted.
Also: 10 Ways to Extend Your Android Battery Life
Generally speaking, the S9 franchise and Note 9 use the same software, experience, and hardware. An upgrade is Samsung's intelligent camera, but it is not clear that consumers are buying smartphones based on images alone.
Samsung has blue and lavender devices in the US, and maybe it appeals to consumers, but the value equation means something.
Simply put, innovations with DeX and S Pen are not going to swing non-commercial buyers. Upgrades to Bixby may lure a little, but Samsung's assistant competes with Google Assistant and Alexa on their own phone.
Maybe a short campaign with Fortnite stokes Note 9 consumer interest, but Samsung needs to convince people to use their app store over Google Play. Samsung executives also noted that they were trying to speed up their service efforts.
Fortunately, Samsung, Apple, Microsoft and PC makers have popular use of pen / pencil / stylus for data processing. Samsung helped create space and benefit from the S Pen innovations, but the stylus is not exactly common. It is value in note 9, but not enough to land fixed tech buyers.
Here is a look at the specifications in full.
- Display: 6.4-inch Quad HD + Super AMOLED, 2960×1440 (516ppi)
- Camera Back: Dual Camera with OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) – Angle Angle: Super Speed Dual Pixel 12MP AF, F1.5 / F2. 4, OIS Telefoto: 12MP AF, F2.4, OIS-2X Optical Zoom, Up to 10X Digital Zoom X
- Camera Front: F1.7 8MP AF
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845; Memory: 6 GB RAM, 128 GB + MicroSD up to 512 GB
- 8 GB RAM, 512 GB + MicroSD up to 512 GB
- Battery: 4000mAh with Wireless Charge and Quick Wireless Charging
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo. Upgrade to Android 9 Pie on future date to be determined.
- Connection: Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (2.4 / 5 GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024QAM, Bluetooth 5.0 BLE, ANT +, GPS, NFC
- Network: Enhanced 4×4 MIMO, 5CA, LAA, LTE Cat.18
Comparison of Note 9 to Apple's iPhone XS Max
Since Galaxy Note 9, Apple rolled out three new iPhone models: XS, XS Max and XR. IPhone XS Max is the most direct comparison for Galaxy Note 9, and Samsung provides better value.
For example, 512GB Galaxy Note 9 will drive you $ 1249.99 excl. Promotions. Apple's 512GB iPhone XS Max, with a 6.5-inch display, drives you $ 1,449. Apple's 256GB iPhone XS Max matches Galaxy Note 9 in price and is confident there will be no discounts or bundles to relieve hits.
Apple, unlike Samsung, rolls out its smartphone portfolio in a major event in September. Samsung has a Galaxy event and then a separate for the Not franchise. Apple's iPhone XR, which has an LCD display, gives the company an iPhone for every price point.
Should a power user get the 9 or iPhone XS Max note? The answer is more difficult than you think, and much of the decision depends on whether you value a stylus and expansion slot for storage. Otherwise, the devices will escape a lot.
Some Points to Consider:
- The camera bounces between Not 9 and iPhone XS Max can make your eyes glaze over. Apple spoke Bokeh effects, calculation enhancements, and use of AI to improve images. Samsung said the same one month earlier. Which device you choose is largely based on personal preference.
- Expandable storage conditions and Apple will not go there. Samsung will get you to 1TB with an SD card. Fun Fact: Buying an SD Card for Note 9 will initially cost the same as the iPhone XS Max of 512 GB. Anyway, Samsung gets you twice the storage space for less.
- Apple was rumored to have Apple pencil support, but the guesstimates were off. Note 9's big selling point is S Pen. If you want S Pen, you really do not need to read so far.
- Upload it, and both iPhone XS Max and Note 9 are fine devices. In the final analysis, the decision can come true to what you're used to: Android people tend to join that platform, and Apple IOS fans usually stay in the ecosystem.
RELATED AND EARLIER DEKSION:
Samsung Note 9 has to be more common, use S Pen to win against Apple, Android rivals
Samsung moved up the Galaxy Note 9 launch to boost sales and get a jump on Apple iPhone Update. More worrying about Samsung is affordable Android rivals and maintains premium prices in the smartphone market.
Samsung: We want to offer Galaxy Note 9 at "affordable prices"
Samsung's challenge will be to push the smartphone's price pin between being premium
New and upcom ng phones: Galaxy Note 9 and others we expect in 2018
Most major flagship smartphones are now on a fairly common release plan and leaks are part of this cycle. It's rare for a phone to be released today with some surprises, so let's take a look at what's coming soon.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus vs Galaxy Note 8: Flagship Confusion Galore
Samsung's launch of the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus at Mobile World Congress just five months after Galaxy Note 8 is released creates a nice debate on how the company must approach innovation harmony.
Samsung Dreams Galaxy Note 9's Big Battery, Memory
Samsung Electronics has released three 30-second videos with the moniker, "Much can change a day" to bother the long-lasting battery, process power and high memory of the upcoming Galaxy Note 9.