Fortnite update 15.20 lays the foundation for the new Predator skin
UPDATE 2: Additional Fortnite Update 1
Update 15.20 is available for download and introduces the Lever Action Shotgun, which is available in standard swap drops. It’s on top of the brand new Hop Rock Dualies Exotic, which is a double-handed pistol that lets players slaughter enemies as they bounce around the map.
But perhaps the most exciting of all is that Predator joins the game as the season’s secret skin. Computers like Lucas7Yoshi have already uncovered the Predator spray, while his crashed ship can be found in Stealthy Stronghold.
Players will also be happy to hear that Epic Games has gone back to the changes made in Pre-Edits in update 15.20.
“With ‘Disable Pre-Edits’ ON, all player-built structures will be uneditable until they are actually placed in the environment, so you get the right piece every time,” explains Epic.
You can see the updated update notes at 15.20 further down the page. In the meantime, downtime has started and will run until at least 10:00 GMT.
UPDATE: Fortnite developer Epic Games has taken the game offline in preparation for update 15.20.
Fans can continue playing if they are already in a game, before the game goes completely offline at 9 GMT.
“We are starting to disable services in preparation for v15.20,” it says in an epic tweet. “If you are currently in a session, you can continue playing until the downtime starts around 4 AM ET (09:00 UTC).”
ORIGINAL: Fortnite Update 15.20 is finally about to be released by Epic Games.
After weeks without updates, Epic has returned with a brand new update for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Android.
Fortnite Update 15.20 has a January 13 release date and 9:00 GMT launch time for fans staying in the UK.
As a numbered update, it will also start with a period of downtime on the server, which runs from 09.00 to around 11.00.
Fortnite updates 15.20 leaked items
Fortnite crashed the Predator ship
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter: “Fight up close in our new update.
“v15.20 is scheduled for release on January 13. Downtime for the update will begin at approximately 4 ET (09:00 UTC).”
The wording of the tweet suggests that there will be a new melee weapon. Leaked files suggest a brand new Run Gun, which makes players run faster when equipped. This will definitely let you get close and personal with your opponent.
The new update will probably also include a brand new Hunter skin. Rumor has it that Predator will join the game, which is definitely related to the theme for this season.
According to the early patch notes, update 15.20 will also perform various bug fixes and game tweaks, which you can read about below.
Downtime for v15.20 has started. We will notify you when downtime is over and the services are backed up.
– Fortnite Status (@FortniteStatus) January 13, 2021
Fortnite update 15.20 patch notes new additions …
• Handle shotgun
– Blow them away! The new Lever Action Shotgun is no peashooter – a well-aimed explosion is enough to release even the most ardent enemy. Available in regular exchange drops, pick one up and let us know what you think.
• New exotic: Hop Rock Dualies
– Look out below! Let go of your opponents with the new weapon in exotic class, Hop Rock Dualies. Add some bars and pick this up to shred through the enemy in double swinging, bouncing style.
Speaking of Exotics, the offer of reduced price has been expanded. Visit key people on the island and swap your bars for these unique weapons, or try to collect them all in one match!
• Something is touching in the jungle
– The forest is moving … something is out there! The Secret Battle Pass Outfit pursues closer and leaves clues in Stealthy Stronghold about who they are and what they can plan.
Meanwhile, Agent Jones brings in some big weapons with the next pair of Hunters to take part in the chaos.
• Editing options: Redux
– We have heard your feedback in response to our pre-edits in 15.10 and have made adjustments to the setting. With ‘Disable Pre-Edits’ ON, all player-built structures will be uneditable until they are actually placed in the environment, so you get the right piece every time.
Fortnite update 15.20 …
• The game freezes when you go to the Compete tab on PlayStation / Xbox
– The game can sometimes freeze or freeze when players go to the Compete tab on PlayStation or Xbox.
• Sand tunneling is temporarily disabled
– We have temporarily disabled Sand Tunneling on the island while we investigate a problem. We’ll tell everyone when this feature comes back.
• The total number of posts is displayed as 0 in a match
– Players can rarely load into a match without their total Bars being available, showing 0 in their persistent stash.
• Hypernova outfits appear as another outfit in the lobby and in the fight
– The Hypernova outfit can look like another outfit in the lobby and in a match.
Started players can see an already completed Bounty
– If a Bounty was accepted and completed before a player was restarted, they can see at restart that Bounty is displayed on the screen.
Fortnite: Epic Games teases new content with the Zero Point trailer
• Sound effect delay
– The sound effect of certain actions, such as opening a chest or hitting a weak point, may be delayed.
• Flip reset lobby path inadvertently removed from players’ lockers
– Flip Reset Lobby Track is inadvertently removed from players’ lockers.
• Multipoint Edge Glider deforming air
– Multipoint Edge Glider can deform the air.
• Michonne Outfit visual problems with cape Back Blings
– We are aware that Michonne Outfit (without poncho editing style) has visual problems when using a Back Bling coat.
• Voice chat issues on Android
– We are investigating voice chat issues for players on Android devices.
• The player loses all movement after jumping through Zero Point
– The players are unable to move after jumping through Zero Point.