Fortnite's Playground mode returns to the game's generous game on July 25th, and now Epic Games has developed everything that's new since we last saw it. [ Update: Limited Time Mode is now live in-game over PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and Mobile. Read on to see how it differs from the previous instance of LTM.]
There are many changes, one of which is that players can now change teams in the middle of the game. The idea is that you can swap pages to collaborate with friends on strategies and then switch to refine your combat skills. Voice chat is on for all teams, but Epic plans to add "more customization options" in the future.
Also new to this second iteration of playground is that, as promised, there are more loot; 1
This is just a small selection of changes. You can view the full update notes below.
While waiting for Playground to return to Fortnite, the game's first birthday party now goes to add birthday cakes to the island. You can also earn special cosmetics by completing challenges and assignments. You can check out our Fortnite 1st Birthday Challenge Guide for more about it.
Fortnite Playground LTM Changes
- Players can now change teams in the game. Join the same team to work creatively together, join teams to practice each other!
- Note: Voice chat will remain across all layers, future iterations of mode will provide more customization.
- Target Aid will work when using a gamepad against players on an opposite team.
- The matches will no longer end if a player leaves the server.
- The golf cars have been added and poured 100% of the time.
- Ammo boxer spits 10x the amount of ammunition.
- Remote gray machines increased the chances of higher level
- Increasing launch and stud paths the likelihood.
- Lower forced sliding height, allowing players to get back to action faster.
- Increased Maximum Rocket Moms Capsule to 60.
- Increased Rocket
- Added 100 power drops.
- Chests now spit 3 weapons and more ammunition and consumables than normal.
- The floor castle now spreads 3 objects.
- Increased Chug Jug and Slurp Juice are given chances, reduced bandages.
- Added Chug Jugs to floor loo t.
- Respawn hours lowered from 10s to 3s.
- Enter the Battle Royale map alone or with up to one full club for one hour.
- Players resume immediately unless eliminated by Storm
- The storm does not start closing for 55 minutes and takes 5 minutes to close.
- The harvest resources increased by ten times the normal amount.
- 100 Llamas are collected on the map.
- Chests and ammunition boxes are given 100% of the time.