Fortnite: Battle Royale Season 5 is now coming into its third week, which means that developer Epic Games has introduced a new set of challenges for players to complete on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and Mobile. As in the previous weeks of season 5, the challenges are divided into two categories, some being accessible to all, while others are exclusive to Battle Pass owners.
On the free side, the challenges of this week involve dealing with 500 damage to the opponents in a single match, using a starter package, and following the treasure map found in Flush Factory. While the first two will not give you much trouble, the third of the gang will require a little bit of leggwork. Flush Factory can be found in the southern part of the island, and this is where you will find the treasure map.
However, you do not need to get the map first. Instead, skip this bit and go to quadrant F8 on the map, where you will find a house on a hilltop. If you look at the house on your head, the star you need to gather is to the right of the path leading up to the house. Although sliding on-site from Battle Bus is the easiest way to get around, you can also build yourself up. Take a look below to see the location on the map or watch the video above to see us do it.
For those who have a battle pass, you must search in seven chests in deadly fields, shoot a clay doll in five different places, eliminate five enemies in the Haunted Hills, and get three eliminations using an explosive weapon. You will also get 5K worth of XP to complete all of these challenges. If you need help hunting them, check out our Clay Pigeon's location guide. You can also find all Fortnite Season 5, Week 3 challenges, along with their rewards below.
Fortnite Season 5, Week 3 Challenges
- Deal Destruction in One Match (500) – – 5 Battle Stars
- Use a Start Box (1) – 5 Battle Stars
- Search Charts in Fatal Fields (7) – 5 Battle Stars
- Shoot a Clay Pigeon in Different Locations (5) – Battle Strike
- 5 Battle Stars
- Eliminate Opponents in Haunted Hills (5) – 10 Battle Stars
- Explosive Arms Destruction – – 10 Battle Stars
In related news, Fortnite's SMG and Compact SMG have been reached, after feedback from community. Epic Games has tweaked a number of attributes for both weapons, including damage, range, fire frequency and accuracy. This, the developer says, brings it more in line with how it wants the weapons to perform in the game.
Fortnite also celebrates its first birthday with a set of challenges that will unlock a birthday theme, spray and bling. The first two challenges are relatively simple and require you to do a specified amount of damage and play a certain amount of matches. The third challenge, however, is a bit more difficult. For this you must find 10 cakes spread around the island and dance in front of them. To make things a little easier on yourself, check out our Fortnite Birthday Cake Location Guide to see us do the whole challenge and also see a map of where all cakes are.
Epic Games also gives new Fortnite skins to those who have played the game from the beginning. If you bought the founder's package when Fortnite's Save the World mode was originally launched, you will be asked for the classic shades when you next start the game. These were promised founder's Pack owners when Battle Royale mode was first launched and finally delivered around a year later. Fortnite Season 5 Coverage
- Fortnite Season 5 Live
- Fortnite Season 5 Update Adds Nintendo Switch Movement Controls
- Fortnite Season 5 Patch Notes Include New Vehicle, Map Areas, Rifter
- Fortnite Season 5: All the Skins Fortune Season 5 Battle Pass: Every Reward
- Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass: Skins, Price, Free V-Bucks And How It Works
- Fortnite Season 5 Update Adds Nintendo Switch Motion Controls
- Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass's Big Chase: Level 100 Ragnarok Skin
- Fortnite Season 5 Adds Autofire On Mobile Here are IOS Patch Notes
- Fortnite Challenge Guide: Where to Search Fortnite Challenge Guide: Where To Find Risky Wheel Charge Cards
- Fortnite Offers $ 8 Million In Big Esports Event
- Fortnite Playground Mode Is Live; Here's what's new and different
- All Fortnite Birthday Cake Locations: Guide to where to dance for the challenge
- New Fortnite Update adds a greetings tribute to the map
- Fortnite Skins for founder's package: Here are the two exclusive new outfits
- Fortnite Challenge Guide: Follow Treasure Map In Flush Factory, Shoot Lerduer
Fortnite Challenge Guide: All Clay Pigeon Locations (Season 5, Week 3)