Epic Games has released a new update for Fortnite on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and iOS. After the latest update 5.10, content update 5.10 marks the start of a new limited time mode, called Fly Explosives, which involves the use of jetpacks to cause chaos. The update also draws the Guided Missile weapon out of the Vault and puts it in play.
"The guided rocket is back from Vault and enters Battle Royale this update", reads the placards. "In due course, the guided missile has been tweaked and put down as it was too strong at its first release." The weapon now treats less damage, moves slower, and has a shorter fuse, including tweaks. However, there are reports that may sometimes be invisible, which is a real problem.
For those who play Save the World Mode, there is a new Spyglass Sniper Rifle, which will be available in the store on August 1
- Guided missile (Battle Royale) : The guided missile returns from Vaulten! Scan the battlefield from above, weave through obstacles, and the rocket ride teammates into the action.
- Fly Explosives (Battle Royale) : BOOM! The new Fly Explosives Limited Time Mode is here, and it's a blast for the whole team. Use Jetpacks to fly over your enemies and figure down in this explosive game mode.
Limited Time Mode: Fly Explosives
- This mode combines explosive fun with High Explosives LTM and the vaulted Limited Time Item Jetpack.
- Only explosive weapons are found in this mode.
- Floor Loot yard will occasionally pick up Jetpacks.
- Flight Explosives Jetpacks have increased the fuel rain rate and reduced burn speed compared to standard jetpacks, to keep pilots in the sky a little longer.
- Mid-storm waiting times are reduced due to the fact that players need less time to find sufficient loot (less than 20m.
- Rocket Ammunition raced to 120.
- Profile Statistics (K / D & Wins) Tracked in this mode.
Limited Time Mode: Playground
- The following weapons and items have only been added to the Playground LTM.
- Guided Missile
Weapons and Objects
- Guided Missile returns!
- Available in epic and legendary variants.
- Securing duration reduced from 18 to 15 seconds.
- Motion speed decreased from 1100 to 1000.
- Reload time increased to 2.4 / 2.2.
- Reduced player damage from 105/110 to 74/77 damage.
- Reduced construction damage down from 1100 to 400.
- Explosion damage r now structures without regard to sight.
- Controlled missile can also be controlled via keyboard using keyboard Standard motion inputs.
- The problems with Slurp Juice have been solved and can be bothered again in the game.
Save the World
Spyglass Sniper Rifle : Husks does not give up on this latest addition to the Flintlock Weapon set.
Weapons and artifacts
- Spyglass Sniper Rifle added to Weekly Store
- An accurate, powerful scoped sniper rifle with a single round per magazine kicking like a mule.
- Available Wednesday August 1st at 8:00 ET until Wednesday 8 August at 8:00 ET.
If you're still working on the season 5 Week 3 Challenges, check out our guide for how to follow the Flush Factory treasure map and also the places for birthday cakes all the Clay Pigeons. If you have not already done the Fortnite birthday challenges, we have a guide for where to find the birthday cookies as well.